chapter twenty three

Harry

     I sat in the trunk of the Range Rover, swinging my legs beneath me. I'd been eagerly checking my watch since the moment I knew Jensen's alarm went off. Her father and sister had already texted me saying she'd been to both places so I knew she'd be heading to the cemetery and then soon here.

     I smoothed out the blanket a few more times, my anxiousness getting the best of me. I'd brought a PB&J sandwich as well as a turkey with cheese, just as I'd done the first time. Chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne sat in an ice bucket. This time we could actually have alcohol which I think would help calm my nerves as I didn't know if Jensen would be happy with me after this surprise. Don't get me wrong, it was extremely thoughtful and took me weeks to plan out, but I knew how Jensen felt about surprises and considering she hadn't mentioned her birthday to me, I knew she didn't want to do anything big.

     She deserved it though. We'd both been through so much together over the past year, barely getting time to ourselves. Piper was with Fiona at Jensen's fathers house, where we'd end up tonight after our lunch picnic. I knew she wouldn't want to miss out on family time on her birthday.

     The sound of a wheels along the gravel path shook me out of my head. I looked back to notice Jensen's car pulling up near mine. I couldn't see her facial expression through the tinted windows but I was hoping for a smile. I hopped out of the trunk, walking around to the front of the car and leaning against the hood. My heart was racing as she shut off the engine.

     She got out, my eyes instantly drawn to the yellow dress landing at her knees. My orbs trailed their way up her figure, noticing the large amount of cleavage the dress revealed before landing on Jensen's smiling face, her brown eyes hidden beneath a pair of my sunglasses. Her hair was lightly curled, the waves landing just below her breasts. She lifted the glasses from her eyes before running at me.

     I caught her with ease, her lips instantly finding mine. She tangled her fingers my hair as my hands gripping her smooth skin along her thighs. She pulled away with a giggle before kissing my cheek.

     "You found me." I simply stated, making her nod in response as she hopped down, "You look gorgeous, birthday girl." A true Jensen smile played on her lips.

     "How'd you find out? Who told you?" She raised a brow at me as I intertwined our fingers together.

     "You think I didn't know? I knew last year, we just, well, that was when the whole paparazzi incident happened and we weren't speaking then." I placed my hand on her cheek, placing her hair behind her ear.

     "My clever man." She tutted as she shook her head, "Have I told you that I love you?" I pretended to ponder on this, earning a light punch to my abdomen before I pulled Jensen into my chest, "I can't believe you planned all this Harry. Making stops at all of our most important places as well as allowing me to stop in to see my family. And ending at the very spot we'd had a first date. Very thoughtful of you. I really appreciate it."

     "You haven't seen the best part yet." I smiled at her, earning a confused look before I pulled her around to the trunk, hearing her gasp as she turned to look at me, her eyes glassy.

     "I seriously love you so much Harry. How'd I get so lucky?" She crashed her lips to mine once more, sniffling away her tears before finding her spot in the trunk and plopping a chocolate covered strawberry in her mouth, "Real champagne this time? Good choice." She winked, making me laugh as I joined her.

     We dug into the sandwiches, both of our focus being on the open field surrounding us. Jensen grabbed the bottle of champagne, hopping out of the trunk to pop the cork, both of us laughing as it bubbled over. She took a sip before handing it over to me with a grin as she wiped her mouth clean.

I took a sip, watching as Jensen climbed back into the car, kicking off her heels. She sighed as she placed her head on my shoulder, both of us supporting ourselves with our arms behind us.

"Hey baby?" I hummed, kissing the top of her head, "I really love and appreciate all the trouble you went through for me today, to make my birthday special. It's truly been the best one I've had but-"

"But you miss Piper?" She sat up, giving me a sad smile as she nodded, "Let's go get our girl. Your family is waiting at your dads anyways for dinner." Her eyes lit up once more as she clapped her hands together, a motion she did when she became excited.

"I love that you know me so well, H." She kissed my lips before we both packed everything up and drove home to drop Jensen's car off and heading to her dad's.

The drive was short and I could tell Jensen was just as anxious as I was to get to our baby. I placed my hand on her bouncing thigh, giving it a squeeze and earning a cheeky smile. The moment we pulled in, Jensen was unbuckled and running to the door. I laughed, shaking my head as I followed behind her.

"There's the man of the hour!" Jerry shouted, pulling me in for a hug the moment I walked through the door.

"Excuse me? I think it's MY birthday." Jensen stated, giving us all a look as she held Piper who was speaking gibberish. Everyone chuckled at the comment when she started shaking her head, Jerry apologizing as Jensen winked at me.

I watched everyone in awe, feeling extremely lucky I managed to get the girl of my dreams, a beautiful daughter, and amazing family all in one. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my days than with these extraordinary people standing before me.

"Babe? You coming? Dinners ready." Jensen raises her brows at me, holding her free hand out to me. I took it smiling, stealing Piper from her arms as we made our way out back.

//////////////

sort of a filler here guys