chapter ten

Harry

     I woke to the soft sound of voices coming from downstairs. I groaned at the pounding in my head. I rolled over, finding a note on my bedside table along with a couple tabs of Ibuprofen and a water. I took the pills and chugged the water before reading the note. 'Good morning love! Come join us for breakfast. All the love -J'

     Smiling, I threw the covers off and hopped out of bed. I made my way over to the dresser, grabbing a t-shirt and a pair of sweats before heading downstairs. I followed the voices into the kitchen, finding my mum and Gemma cooking breakfast while Jensen sat at the table feeding Piper.

     "Well if it isn't the birthday boy himself," Gemma stated as she flipped the pancakes over on the griddle, "How's the hangover treating you?"

     "S'alright." I answered, walking over to Jensen, kissing the top of both her head and Piper's as I joined them at the table. She yawned in response and I noticed the dark circles under her eyes. I knew that she hadn't slept since the night prior and she was going to crash sooner rather than later.

     "Last night sounded like a lot of fun, H. I'm glad I got to be there for a little bit. Piper went down easy for me and I was glad to get to bed early after the long flight." My mum said as she brought over plates of pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon, and eggs. Both her and Gemma joined us at the table.

     "I'm glad you and Gemma were able to come too mum. The party was loads of fun. I can't believe you all pulled that one over me." We all passed the plates around as I made Jensen's plate so she could finish feeding Piper.

     "Well you can thank Jensen for that one, the party was her idea." Jensen smiled at me, kissing my cheek as she stole a slice of bacon from my plate.

     "You're very welcome." Jensen said before taking a sip of her juice.

     "Well thank you all for such a wonderful birthday and breakfast. I needed some greasy food to cure this hangover." Everyone laughed at this as we finished our breakfast. Once Jensen finished feeding Piper, she laid her in her in the swing in the living room. She walked back to the kitchen, rubbing her tired eyes as she finished her breakfast.

     "So, have either of you thought about wedding plans?" Jensen and I looked at each other momentarily before shaking our heads.

     "We've both been so busy with Piper and I was busy planning Harry's party that we've barely even though about it." She admitted, rubbing her hands over her face.

     "I promise as soon as we find the time to start planning, mum, you'll be the first to know." Jensen nodded, placing her hand on my thigh under the table and squeezing lightly as a thank you.

     "I just thought, and please tell me if I'm overstepping my bounds here, that maybe you'd want Gemma and I to come along with you to find your dress." I looked between my mum and Jensen, unsure just how Jensen would take this.

     "I would love that." Jensen reached her hand across the table, placing it over my mum's. My mum smiled at her as they both started throwing around ideas for the wedding. Gemma joined in as well. I took this opportunity to gather the dishes and put away the left overs.

     I heard Piper starting to cry from the living room. Jensen started to get up but I stopped her, telling her I got it. She winked at me before continuing her conversation. I made my way into the living room, picking up Piper as she wailed.

     "Shhh, it's okay Pip. Daddy's got you." I bounced her around in my arms, singing to her softly, "Isn't she lovely, isn't she wonderful," Piper's cries slowed as she peered up at me. I wiped her wet cheeks, cooing at her as she started to fall back asleep.

**********

      I pulled into the driveway, feeling relieved to be back home and ready to crawl into bed with Jensen. I'd dropped my mum and Gemma off at the airport, letting Jensen stay here with Piper and hoping they'd both gotten some sleep while I was gone.

     I was quiet as I entered the house, heading straight upstairs. I first peeked into Piper's room, expecting to find her in her crib but coming up empty. I walked into Jensen and I's room, letting out a sigh of relief as I found them both in the middle of the large bed. Jensen was curled around Piper's small body, both of them sound asleep. I pulled out my phone to snap a quick picture of the two of them before crawling in beside Piper, lifting her onto my chest.

     "H?" Jensen mumbled, stirring a little as she reached her hand over to me. She opened one eye slightly to make sure it was me before settling back down beside me with a sigh, "She wouldn't sleep in her crib. She'd wake up every time I set her down. The only way she'd sleep was with me."

     "Is something wrong?" I looked down at Piper, who was sleeping soundly.

     "I think her stomach was upset. I sat here and burped her and she fell asleep instantly." Her voice was raspy laced with an overwhelming sense of exhaustion.

     "She's okay now, love. Get some sleep." She nodded, puckering her lips out for a kiss to which I gladly gave her. I rubbed Piper's back as I felt her breathe in and out beneath my hand.

     I truly felt as if my whole world was complete. I had the most beautiful girls in the world, the most supportive friends and family, and a career I loved. Of course, I wanted more kids eventually and I couldn't wait to give Jensen my last name but if I could stay in one moment for the rest of my life, it'd be this one.

///////////

filler guys sorry