chapter five

Jensen

     I woke up from my nap to the sound of music coming from beyond my bedroom door. I yawned, stretching my tired limbs as I climbed out of bed. I walked to the bathroom, looking at the mess staring back at me. Half of my hair was in a bun, the other half sticking up in random areas and falling down my back. I quickly threw it up before brushing my teeth. I ventured out of the bedroom to the source of the music.

     When I turned the corner to the living room, I stopped dead in my tracks, finding myself smiling at the sight before me. Harry had his Queen album playing softly as he twirled around the room, singing to Piper in his arms. I slowly pulled my phone out of my pocket, knowing I needed to film this moment.

     My laughter got me caught as Harry turned to me, giving me a wide grin and waving me into the small dance party. I shook my head, dancing over to take a sleeping Piper from his arms. She started to fuss as I did this and I knew it was time for her to eat. I sat down on the couch, waiting for her to latch on.

"Next, we'll do the Beatles and then probably finish with some Fleetwood Mac. She's gotta know all the classics, J." I rolled my eyes at this comment but secretly loving the fact that he wanted to share his favorite music with Piper. It didn't come as a surprise though.

"What about her favorite person's two amazing albums?" I raised my brows at him while he changed the music, "You going to have her listen to those?"

"Well you haven't written an album yet so how am I supposed to play it for her." He asked truthfully. I threw the pillow that was beside me at him, watching him catch it with a laugh.

"You're her favorite for sure. She only wants me for the milk." My eyes fall back on Piper's open eyes. She stares up at me, blinking a few times, "Blink twice is daddy's your favorite." She did as she was asked, Harry leaning in close to watch. He waved me off, huffing.

"Jeffrey called me today." I could tell by his tone that he was unsure about what he was going to tell me next. I waited patiently for him to continue as Piper finished eating and I got us both settled again, "Ellen asked me to be on her show next week."

"You're kidding?" My eyes were wide, as Harry plopped down on the couch, "You're doing it right?"

"I told him I'd do it if you could come too," I tried to interrupt but he held his hand out before I could tell him no, "You love Ellen, J. You can't say no or make up an excuse. Jeffrey already has it booked, your dad can watch Pip for a bit, it'll all work out."

"Pip?" I gave him a confused look as I hadn't heard the nickname before.

"Yeah, my little Pip whose now in a milk coma." He placed his finger in her tiny hand, hers wrapping around it tightly. I smiled at the interaction.

"I love it," I leaned in to kiss him, his soft lips brushing mine lightly, "And I love you. So so much." I grabbed his chin, pulling him in for another kiss, hearing him hum in response.

"I love you too, baby."

********

"Okay so I packed plenty of extra outfits and diapers. The milk is in the fridge, be sure to heat it up but check it with the inside of your wrist to make sure it's not too hot. She gets hungry like clockwork, I put her eating schedule in the diaper bag. Uhm-"

"J, I think he's got it. This is only for a few hours and we'll be back." I sighed, trying to wrack my brain to make sure I didn't forget anything. I'd been so nervous about leaving Piper with my dad. This would be the longest I've been without her. We weren't even out the door yet and I already missed her.

"I promise she's in good hands. I'll call Reese if I have any problems and you gave me Jeffrey's number multiple times in case I need anything. Go and have a good time, J." I nodded as I hugged my dad, running out the door. Harry and I both hopped in the car, knowing because of me we were going to be late.

"Babe, please take a deep breath for me," Harry places his hand on my thigh as we drove. I did as he asked, taking a few deep breaths and feeling the weight on my chest lift slightly, "Better?" I nodded, "Your dad is going to be just fine."

     "I miss her already. Is that bad?" I look at him with concern as he laughs, shaking his head at me.

     "Course not, J. But it's only for a couple of hours. Plus, you love Ellen." I leaned my head back against the seat. He was right, I loved Ellen and I almost gave up this opportunity.

We pulled up to the studio and Harry's hand squeezed mine before we got out. We walked into the building, instantly being ushered into make up and hair as we were late. The hairdresser went straight to work while the make up artist looked over my face thoroughly before telling me I needed to get more sleep. I wanted more than anything to flip her off and tell her to try having a baby that wakes you up at odd hours of the night.

I looked over to Harry, who was making conversation with his crew. His make up artist was blonde, probably in her early twenties, and standing between his legs, a little too close to his face for my liking. I watched as she laughed at every word he said, making me once again roll my eyes. He definitely was not that funny.

     He looked over to me just then, winking. I blew him a kiss in return, watching as he pretended to catch it and put it in his pocket for later. The make up artist looked a little shocked at the interaction and I watched as she tried to brush the expression off her face as quickly as it came. She didn't say another word to him the whole time.

     Once our make up and hair were done, we were sent to separate dressing rooms. I was put in a striped t-shirt dress with a light jean jacket tied around my waist. The stylist had me do a quick twirl before sending me off to find Harry.

     "Looking for someone?" Harry peered through his dressing room door before meeting me half way, admiring my outfit, "Beautiful as always. You ready?" I nodded, clasping our hands together as we were directed to the set.

////////////

such a filler guys sorry