chapter twenty five

Jensen

     He swung at me, his fist colliding with my open hand. A look of confusion flashed over his face as I took the moment to smash the heel of my hand under his nose with as much pressure as I could. I heard a crack before he screamed in agony, taking a few steps back. Blood trickled down his nose, his beady eyes showing me nothing but pure rage.

     He grunted before charging at me again, this time being quicker than I was, both of us falling to the gravel, my head coming in contact with something sharp. I tried to take a deep breath but my lungs were restricted, Ryan was on top of me, his hands moving to my throat. I lifted my leg, hitting him square in the balls and making him roll off me.

     "You bitch!" He shouted into the air. I scrambled to get up, feeling woozy. The back of my head felt wet and I knew better than to explore the source. My head shot to my dad, who hadn't moved and I just prayed that he was just unconscious. I sprinted to Harry, trying to wake him before Ryan got up.

     "Harry, please wake up! I need you!" I shook his lifeless body, placing my head against his chest. I let out a sigh of relief as I heard his heart still beating. I shook him a few more times, brushing away the tears that were falling down my face.

     I was suddenly yanked back by my hair, Ryan's face hovering over mine. He grinned at me before twisting his wrist, making me scream as I spun myself around. His free hand smacked me across the face, the sting making more tears fall.

     "I've got you now, Princess." He pulled me up by my hair, yanking it down so I looked into his eyes. He smashed his blood stained lips to mine. I tried to pull away but his grip on my hair was too firm. I decided to play along before sinking my teeth into his lip with everything I had until he cursed, letting me go.

     "You don't have me! You never did! You deserve to rot in Hell for the awful things you did to me!" I was furious now, my whole body shaking with rage. I stormed at him, lifting my right fist to hit him square in the nose, knowing he'd catch it in his palm as he didn't pay enough attention to know I was left handed. I smirked at him as my fist made contact with his already broken nose.

     He screamed, a bloody curdling scream, holding his nose in his hands. I shoved him to the ground, finally feeling as if I could catch my breath. I was mistaken though as he charged at me again, this time successfully clamping both his fists around my throat.

     "This is it, babe. Any last words?" He was smirking, the blood from his nose trickling down his lips and to his teeth as he cackled. I squeezed my eyes shut as my hands tried to pry his away with no avail. Harry or Dad, now would be a really good time to WAKE THE HELL UP!!

     Just as I felt myself slipping away, I heard a thunk as I was set free, falling to the ground and gasping for air. I looked up, finding Harry holding a shovel and Ryan knocked out on the ground. Harry picked me up, holding me as I sobbed.

     I heard the sirens, a flood of relief washing over me again in the fact that I knew this was all going to be over. New sobs raked through my chest as Harry smoothed my hair and kissed my forehead, telling me everything was going to be okay.

************

"I'm pretty sure on your last visit, I stated 'refrain from punching people' but I see you didn't follow that recommendation" I gave the doctor a small smile at his lame attempt at a joke, "I'll be right back with your discharge paperwork."

My wrist was sprained, I had to get multiple stitches in the back of my head, and my voice was once again gone. I felt beaten and bruised but this time, I'd fought back and I won.

After the police and ambulance had taken both my dad and Ryan to the hospital, my aunt has shown up and taken Piper. This allowed Harry to drive both Reese and I to the hospital. To his luck, his nose wasn't broken, but I could already see the deep bruises forming under his eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, tears slipping down my cheeks. I felt awful for putting Harry in that situation. I hated that my dad was lying in another hospital bed, still unconscious. I hated that my daughter had to see her dad get hit. I hated everything that had happened over the past few hours.

"Jensen, you have nothing to be sorry for." I shook my head, sniffling. Harry came over to the table, his fingers reaching under my chin gently. His eyes searched mine, his face blurred from the tears, "Baby, you were so brave. You are the most amazing woman I've ever met and you kicked ass for your family. I should have done more for you." He frowned as he pulled me into his chest. I shook my head, pulling away, my hand cupping his chin.

     "It's not your fault either Harry. You did the best you could. You saved me." His eyes were glassy now as I continued to search them for any sign that he believed the words I spoke were true, "You're my hero and I love you." His lips my mind cautiously, both of his hands holding my face, his thumbs swiping away my tears.

     "I love you so much, J. But I think you've got it all wrong. You're the most bad ass woman in the world, not to mention the most beautiful. You saved me tonight, love. You saved me, your family, and yourself. You did that all on your own, Jensen. You faced your biggest fear tonight without a second thought. Baby, you're my hero."

////////

okay harry's words at the end? like ugh i need this kind of love in my life.