chapter eighteen

Harry

"Do you think mommy found a dress? I really hope so." I spoke to Piper, watching her kick and squeal as I spoke to her, "You think so? I bet it's beautiful too." I said, blowing raspberries on her tummy, making her squeal and giggle some more.

I picked her up, carrying her into the kitchen to grab a bottle. She'd gotten a little better about not getting too fussy when she was hungry, which was a nice change considering being woken up out of a dead sleep at three in the morning was not exactly my favorite thing. I bounced her as I waited for the milk to heat up. She was babbling on and I played along, pretending we were actually having a conversation when I heard the front door open.

"H?" I heard Jensen half yell, half whisper, her footsteps light as she walked into the kitchen. She smiled when she spotted Pip and I, holding her hands out for our daughter while she kissed my cheek.

"How'd it go? You find a dress?" She nodded, keeping quiet. I knew there was something stewing inside that pretty head of hers that she wasn't going to tell me without a bit of digging.

"Your sister actually picked it out. It's beautiful." She continues being short as she walked into the living room, sitting down on the couch with a sigh, "How was your day?"

"Well, Pip and I had some good conversations, didn't we muppet?" I sat beside Jensen, playing with Pipers toes and earning a giggle as she chewed on her fingers.

"Did you talk with daddy today?" Jensen asked her, earning a babble full of spit, making both of us laugh. Jensen looked up at me, mouth skewed to the side, "H, can I talk to you about something?"

"Always." I answered, placing my hand on her thigh. She gave me a sad smile before speaking.

"Do you want a big wedding?" Her question threw me a bit. I'd honestly never really thought too hard about the actual wedding, I'd just imagined the day being spent with all the people we loved and marrying the girl of my dreams.

"Well, do you want a big wedding?" She let out an annoyed sigh at my answer, rubbing her face with her free hand.

"Your mom and my aunt keep talking about having a huge wedding with a lot of planning and expensive things. They even talked about hiring a wedding planner. I just, I want something simple. I want a short and easy going wedding with an amazing reception. I just don't know how to tell them that and if you want a big wedding, I'll definitely go through with it all. I just-"

"J, please look at me," Her brown eyes met mine, "I don't need a big wedding. I want whatever wedding you want. I just want to marry you, J. We could elope for all I care." She looked relieved at my words, placing her small hand under my chin.

"That was the perfect answer," She kissed my lips before pulling away and giving me a sheepish smile, "Now, how do I tell my aunt and your mom that I want a simple wedding without hurting their feelings?" I shook my head, giving her a smirk.

"I'll talk to my mom but your aunt is all you," Her eyes lit up at the comment.

     "That's two for two, Mr. Styles," She stated, once again placing her lips on mine. Piper shrieked at this, making us look at her as she reached her tiny fingers up at us both, "Are you feeling left out, Pip?" Jensen and I attacked her with kisses, earning giggles out of everyone.

*******

I sat on the bed cross legged, strumming aimlessly on the guitar. I'd put Piper down for the night a couple of hours ago and Jensen had spent some time down in the studio before coming up here to take a shower.

"Okay, I thought of something and you can tell me if you absolutely hate it, but I think you're going to love it." Her wide eyes as she rubbed her hands together, the way she did when she was excited about something, told me it was important to love this idea.

"Hit me with it." I said, placing my guitar back on its stand beside the bed. She brushed through her wet hair, only a t-shirt covering her body, as she started to pace the room.

"So a simple wedding right?" I nodded, and she gave me a quick smile, "What if we get married in the backyard and have the reception at the bar? We're only inviting close family and friends so the spaces should be perfect for both. I can get all the girls to help me decorate too so we wouldn't have to have a wedding planner. And I was thinking, a pizza and ice cream bar instead of a big fancy meal. I'm not a huge cake fan but we could have a small one for you and I. What do you think?" She stopped pacing, her eyes on mine, trying to read my opinion.

"I have to be honest with you, J..." I loved the idea, of course I did, but messing with Jensen was way too easy. Her face started to fall the longer I took and I could tell she was biting the inside of her cheek, "I love it. It's the perfect idea." Her eyes widened as did her smile before she narrowed her eyes at me.

     "Making me sweat, Styles? Not funny." She pouted, crossing her arms over her chest as she joined me in bed.

     "Oh come on, it was a little funny." I bummed her shoulder and in return receiving an eye roll.

     "Oh yeah? About as funny as you sleeping on the couch?" She smirked, challenging me.

     "You wouldn't." I pretended to act shocked, knowing she wasn't that mad and she'd never make me sleep on the couch.

     "Don't test me, H. I've heard I pack quite the punch." She winked before kissing my cheek, "I have another brilliant idea," She turned her whole body to face me, "Do you think James would get ordained so he could marry us?"

//////////

can you even imagine james corden marrying you? i'd love it