chapter nineteen

Jensen

"Mommy will be home late but daddy will be here," Piper just blinked at me, sucking on her hand, "You going to be good for daddy? Mommy is going to miss you." I picked her up from the changing table, kissing her forehead. I couldn't believe how big she'd gotten in five short months. It seems like just yesterday she was born.

     I walked down the stairs with her, setting her in the pack and play as I searched the house for Harry. I found him in the kitchen, headphones in and his back to me. He was shirtless, only a pair of black joggers hanging low on his waist.

I couldn't help the smirk on my lips as he shook his hips, flipping around the eggs on the pan in front of him. He did a spin, spotting me with a wink. He pointed the spatula at me, beaconing me closer as he pulled the headphone out of his ears.

"Breakfast and a show? Maybe I should call into work today." I joked, walking over to wrap my arms around his waist and kissing his lips.

"Yeah, right. I know you're so excited to get back. You were taking drink orders in your sleep." I swatted at him playfully before taking a piece of bacon off one of the pans and sitting at the counter.

"You sure you're going to be okay? I can have Aunt Fiona come over if you need help." He rolled his eyes at this, shaking his head.

"J, I'll be fine. We'll both be fine," I opened my mouth to say something else but he beat me to it, "And I have all the emergency numbers and the number for the bar. And yes, I know the milk is in the fridge and the diapers are in the diaper bag." I narrowed my eyes at him, earning a cheeky smile.

"Call me if you need anything. I love you." I got up, walking over to him again to give him one last kiss. He told me he loved me too before I walked back into the living room to kiss Piper goodbye. I gathered my purse and keys and left the house, more than ready to get back to work.

*******

"Well, if it isn't my famous daughter who gave me the most beautiful granddaughter and didn't feel the need to warn me that her aunt was back in town," My dad announced as I walked through the doors. I gave him a sheepish smile as I set my things in the back.

"See, I was going to tell you but it was a surprise to me too and she came to see Reese first!" I shouted, hearing him huff as I tied an apron around my waist and walk back out to the bar.

"Hey, don't you try to get me in trouble now!" Reese walked out of the bathroom, tucking a piece of hair into her bun.

"Well is it not true?" I placed my hands on my hip, looking at her. She rolled her eyes as she plopped herself onto one of the bar stools. She secretly flipped me off beneath the bar.

"Does she have to come back? I mean, we've been doing so good without her." She gave me an evil smirk to which I openly flipped her off before running up to hug her.

"Either way, one of you could have told me she was here. That was a very unpleasant surprise." He pointed his finger at both of us before throwing a towel over his shoulder, "But anyways, it's good to have you back kiddo." My dad gave me a wink before turning on all of the neon signs.

"Well it's nice to know someone missed me around here." I pinched Reese's cheek before running off behind the bar. She just sighed before getting up and unlocking the doors.

"Hey, are we still doing a typical birthday dinner for Sunday?" I looked at my dad, completely forgetting that my birthday was coming up. I shrugged, saying that was fine considering I'd never mentioned my birthday to Harry. We were dealing with all the press stuff the week of my birthday last year so I knew he had no idea when exactly it was.

"You didn't tell Harry when your birthday was?" Reese asked, shocked, "He's going to be pissed at you if you don't say anything, J."

     "He'll be fine. A low-key birthday party is just what I need," I stated before narrowing my eyes at both my dad and sister, "Don't either of you mention it to him, got it?" They both rolled their eyes, ultimately nodding.

I thanked them both before heading to the back to grab another pack of Miller Lite. I heard the door chime from the cooler, telling me our first customer of the day was here. I was bending down to pick up the case when I heard Reese scream for my dad. I shot up, running out of the cooler and almost slipping on the wet floor.

My eyes widened at the sight before me. I blinked a few times, making sure I wasn't dreaming. Reese stood in front of a very sick-looking Ryan, her arms crossed over her chest. I spotted my dad walking up from behind the bar, a deep frown on his face.

"Oh hell no, I don't want to hear a word you have to say, none of us do. You need to get the hell out of this bar before I call the cops. You should be rotting in a jail cell!" Reese screamed at Ryan and I watched him flinch. My dad stood in front of Reese now, holding her back. I couldn't move, frozen in place, watching it all go down. Ryan hadn't spotted me yet.

"Get the hell out of my bar." My dad spit, his words calm but full of hatred.

"I just want to talk to Jensen." My dad scoffed, shaking his head.

"Are you stupid? There's no way in hell thats happening. Now, get the fuck out of my bar before I call the cops." I watched Ryan's fists tense, his face turning red at my fathers distaste.

"If you'd just let-"

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say, Ryan. Get out." I finally found my voice, everyone's gaze falling to me. I crossed my arms over my chest, nodding towards the door.

"Jensen, I just want to-"

"You want to what? You've done enough." I started walking towards them, "My sisters right, you should be rotting in a god damn jail cell right now and I have no problem making that happen." He just shook his head, sighing as he turned on his heels and walked out of the bar. No one said anything for quite some time, all of us keeping our eyes on the door in case he decided to come back.

"Well, that's one way to start your first day back." Reese stated, both my dad and I just shook our heads at her before deciding he wasn't coming back and getting to work.

////////////

yeah, i don't think that will be the last of ryan...