Part 1: Introduction

JJ and Y/n had been friends just about as long as JJ and John B. However, even though JJ and John B were best friends, JJ and Y/n shared a different type of friendship. It was similar to that of the one John B and Kiara shared, but if you asked them, they would say Y/n and JJ were closer. Their relationship was almost like dating but without the romance. They were inseparable. JJ was a little high strung and chaotic, but when that happened, she was the only one who could calm him down. She knew about his past, and he knew about hers. Family history mainly.

Since John B's dad went missing 9 months ago, and his uncle Teddy MIA, his place became the house where everyone stayed. Honestly though, it wasn't much of a house. It was livable and spacious, but it was just a fisherman's shack along the edge of the marsh, they call it the Chateau. JJ and Y/n stayed there most nights; it was a better alternative than going home. John B of course didn't mind, he actually liked it, he didn't like being alone. Kiara and Pope split their time between John B's and home. Their homes weren't too bad.

Kiara, who they called Kie, was actually raised kook. Her parents own 'The Wreck'. It's this tourist hot spot on the edge of the Cut. There were two parts to the Outer Banks. Figure 8, where all the rich people lived and the Cut where all the working class and the Pogues lived. Which is who they were. The Pogues, the throwback fish, lowest level of the food chain. Then lastly, we have Pope. He was weird but in a lovable way, most of the time. He was wicked smart and probably smarter than all of them combined, everyone would admit it.

Today was just another day. Another morning. John B woke up and made his way out into the rest of the house. He found Y/n and JJ asleep in his room, he had been staying in his dad's room. Kie was on the pull out and Pope was on the couch on the porch. He passed out there sometime early last night and the others decided to leave him. They even got him a blanket.

John B continued his way through the house an out to the front yard. He went over and jumped onto the hammock that hung between two trees ad he looked out over the water of the marsh and watched the sun rise. Waiting for the others to wake.