Part 10

We all piled back into the van and headed to the salvage yard; our plan spotty at best. We had rigged the HMS Pogue to the back of my Jeep and our plan was to be damsels in destress who had a flat tire. We parked my Jeep close to the salvage yard and ran to get a few things. Like the code to where they kept the drone and bolt cutters in case it didn't work. Pope made himself in charge of those. We were all headed back to my Jeep now to begin our plan.

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it", John B stressed to Pope, who was still not on board.

John B and Kie were up front and Pope, JJ, and I were in the back. Pope was setting behind the driver's seat and JJ was behind the passenger and I was leaning against the sliding door with my legs over JJ's lap. JJ was rolling a joint and Pope was making his 'troubled' face with his arms across his chest.

"Humans are the only animals that can't tell fantasy from reality", he stated.

"Did you come up with that?", John B asked impressed.

"Albert Bernstein came up with it", Pope snapped back, "But it applies to this whole treasure hunting thing."

"Pope get rid of the sour lemon look", I told him as I flipped the lid on JJ's lighter.

"I'm going to ignore your comment y/n/n", he said holding up a finger but continued as I gave a small laugh, "So which is it? Fantasy or reality?"

"Why you so weird, Pope?", JJ asked as he finished rolling and put it between his lips.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality", Kiara shrugged from up front.

JJ held his hand out and I gave him his lighter as John B smiled and answered, "Reality."

JJ flipped open the lighter and before he could light it Pope, yet again, snatched the joint and tossed it towards the back. JJ snapped the lid shut and looked at Pope with hate. I reached up and rubbed his shoulder.

"He took my weed", JJ whined.

"I know honey. It's okay", I assured him, talking to him like he was a child.

"Keep the signal clear", Pope reminded him, and JJ made a face.

John B pulled the van to a halt and I went to move but JJ threw an arm over my legs holding me there, "You know what your problem is?", he asked Pope.

"You", Pope scoffed back.

"No! It's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense!", JJ told him.

"I am not to tense!", Pope protested.

I patted JJ's hand to let me up. Kiara was already out of the car, talking to John B from the driver's window.

"Boys, you can fight later", I said patting his hand, "But I gotta go."

JJ huffed and moved his arm and I moved my legs and opened the door and hopped out and looked back at him and Pope, "Don't drive John B crazy", I told them both then leaned down and gave JJ a quick kiss and shut the door. I walked around the van and met up with Kie. We both climbed into my Jeep and went to execute the plan.

"You think this will work?", I asked Kiara as we drove up on the salvage yard.

"Guess we'll find out", she shrugged, "Just look cute and bat those eyelashes of yours."