Part 5

We had all had a day and I was exhausted. We all made it back to John B's and packed up some of our things. Pope and Kiara stayed behind to hang out a little longer, but JJ and I decided to go ahead and bounce. On nights like these, JJ and I usually ordered take out and watched movies all night, which was the plan for tonight as well. We stopped and picked up take out and then finally made it to JJ's. We both were quiet as we made our way into his house. JJ sat the food on the counter, and I went to change. I tossed my bag in the corner of the room and began to strip off my clothes. I walked over to JJ's drawer and pulled out a Pelican Marina t-shirt and slipped it on, it came midthigh. I moved down to my drawer. All the things I kept at JJ's were tucked into his bottom drawer. He didn't like the thought of his dad seeing my stuff all over his room. I pulled out a pair of black athletic track shorts and slipped those on. You couldn't see them due to the t-shirt being so long, but it was fine.

I made my way back out to find JJ in the living room on the couch already eating. I walked over and joined him. He had thrown in one of the Fast and Furious movies and it played low. We ate in silence for bit until I wasn't able to handle it anymore. All day something had been bothering me.

"JJ", I said setting my Chinese carton down on the coffee table.

"Hmm", he said his eyes glued to the screen as he shoveled food in his mouth.

"I've been thinking about something", I told him and started to twist at the end of my t-shirt.

"About the boat?", he asked.

"No. About what you said at the motel."

He finally peeled his eyes away from the TV and looked at me, "What did I say?"

"When you said that you didn't hit on Kie and that you didn't like any one and you hadn't in a long time. What..uh..what did you mean by that?"

He sucked up a loose noodle, almost coking on it as I asked my question, "I just thought that you might have been upset."

"Why would I have been upset?", I asked not following.

He sat his container down next to mine and turned to me and huffed, "Okay. John B said I should have said something a long time ago and this isn't how I planned to tell you."

"Tell me what?", I asked as my heart began to race.

JJ was the boy I've loved since 3rd grade and everyone knew it except him. He is more than that though, he is my best friend. I can't imagine my life without him, present or future.

"I know the rules, no pogue on pogue macking and all, but I think it's dumb as hell", he said rambling.

"JJ", I stopped him, "Just say it."

He starred at me for a moment, "It's not something I can just say", he said scooting closer to me, "I'm gonna do something and I'm going to need you not to freak out."

I nodded. We turned to completely face each other. He reached up and cupped my cheek his face turning red. I just looked into his eyes. JJ was never really one for words but everything he wanted to say I see in his eyes.

He leaned forward and lightly pressed his lips to mine. It was a sweet kiss, like one two children would give one another, just a peck. JJ held his lips to mine for a moment and then then pulled back slightly to asses my reaction. I just smiled and gave a little chuckle. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to be, reconnecting our lips.