Afterword

SAVED AS DRAFT by LORELEI RIOSSeptember 18, 201509:18 p

September 18, 2015
09:18 p.m.

IF YOU have been following my blog, I am pretty sure that you have the same reaction as mine.

I still cannot believe what I saw back at the abandoned building. How I wish na sana, ininom ko na rin ang tubig na may pampatulog para hindi ko na narinig ang kaniyang boses at nakita ang kaniyang mukha. Hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala.

The police came to our rescue a few hours after that person left the building. By that time, nagising na si Jamie, ngunit may kakaiba sa kaniya. When the police tried helping her to stand, bigla na lamang niyang itinaboy ang mga kamay nila at nagsisigaw ng "Don't touch me!" Maging ako'y nasorpresa sa naging reaksyon niya. Her face was filled with horror as she glared at the policemen.

Dinala muna nila kami sa pinakamalapit na ospital para doon ipa-check-up. Jamie and I underwent psychological debriefing. Posible raw na na-trauma kami after everything that happened. Since I have been in this situation before, the effect was not that much. But Jamie... she's screaming at the doctors who tried touching her. What Cedric's minion did to her had an impact. She was violated. I tried to calm her down, pero nang haplusin ko ang likod niya, nanlisik ang mga naluluha niyang mata at sinigawan din ako.

Coincidentally, doon din dinala si Loki na inoobserbahan pa ang lagay matapos hagupitin ng latigo nang mahigit limampung beses. Nang sumilip ako sa kuwarto niya, nanghina ang mga tuhod ko at gusto kong maiyak. I have never seen him in such a pitiful situation before. His body was scarred with wounds and bruises. Gusto ko siyang yakapin, hoping that my embrace can somehow ease the pain.

Luthor came to the hospital to visit his brother. I clenched my fists, my nails dug deeper into my skin, as I saw his seemingly emotionless face looking at the unconscious Loki. His mere presence alone was enough to almost choke myself.

He isn't the person who he seems to be.

Some things now make sense. Remember John Bautista? The guy who made female students disappear by soaking them in a drum of sodium hydroxide? Before he died due to poisoning, he had confessed to the police that the man he spoke to has a chilling voice. The thought occured to me na baka si Luthor ang Moriarty na hinahanap namin, but when I brought up the idea to Loki, he laughed it off and dismissed it as something that's impossible to happen.

When Jamie was abducted and put inside a large chest in the props room, Luthor personally handed over a piece of paper containing clues on our member's location. Pwede naman kasing ipadala direkta sa amin ni Moriarty 'yon, pero bakit kinailangan niyang ipadaan sa student council? At bakit ang vice president mismo ang nagmistulang messenger?

Luthor never believed that Stein Alberts is Moriarty. He argued to me when he visited the clubroom that we have no evidence proving our Stein-is-Moriarty theory. Either he intentionally left that as a clue or he was defending Stein from our accusations. Nevertheless, he used the Math prodigy as a front to play mind games with Loki.

Speaking of the stand-in Moriarty, Stein told us before that he doesn't want to lose Loki. And he reiterated a couple of times that he doesn't want to cause any harm to Loki. Stein is nothing but a mouthpiece while the "golden rule" message came from the real Moriarty.

Pero... may isang bagay na hindi nagtutugma. If Luthor is Moriarty, why did he have Rhea killed in the first place? Her death greatly devastated Loki so if Moriarty didn't want to hurt his own brother, why take away the most important piece of his playmate?

I came up with a number of theories, but only Luthor can confirm which of those is correct.

Later that evening, I received a call from another hospital and the veterinary clinic. Stable na ang kondisyon ni Freya. Our club cat's injury has been treated.

But my childhood friend, Al, is in a comatose state. Dahil daw 'yon sa lakas ng pagkakatama sa kaniyang ulo.

Today is a sad day for all of us.

Loki is badly injured.

Jamie is traumatized.

Alistair is in a coma.

The QED Club has fallen... or so it seems.

P.S. I won't be publishing this blog entry anytime soon. Loki will be devastated to know the truth.