VI

The author of the novel was a young woman who was so excited to have me read for her. I wasn't even done when I saw the bright smile from her. Alright. I got it. I got the part. I didn't really want to rely on what Holly told me a week ago so I knew I had to see the author for myself. Well, she does look like she already made up her mind about me.

"I am such a huge fan, Y/N. I wrote this role specifically with you in my mind! I have been following you ever since your Disney days and..." The girl paused to breathe before she continued, "I have been hooked!" She extended her hand and smiled, "I'm Cara!"

I took her hand and tried to prevent her from squealing so loud, "I'm honored to be the inspiration, Cara. I really love your book. It is such a sweet story."

"Oh? Really? I wrote the book with Nick as your potential love interest!" Cara said, with her bouncy energy dripping from all her words. "He just accepted the role yesterday!"

How could I have been so blind? The male lead was serious and intense. Everything my ex boyfriend looked like in front of any camera! If Cara is such a huge fan as she said she is, she must also ship her with Nick Jonas.

The fanbase hasn't really died down. They resurrected when gossip sites murmured about that one lunch with him. We were even with Joe then! How much more gossip would arise if they discovered Nick was in my home?

"Oh! I was not aware Nick took the role." I wasn't even aware he was offered the role!

After Holly, the casting manager, and the director finalized the details, I pulled Holly aside.

"I know." She interrupted. "They just informed me too. I'm sorry, Y/N. I didn't know. I asked before I even called you up. They were vague about who the other lead was because he still didn't have a clue about the movie. Apparently, he also doesn't know about you. They didn't want to reveal much information just yet."

"I can't work with him." I grumbled before telling Holly the details of what happened in my house.

"Okay look, this movie will be a definite hit. A lot of your fans are looking forward to it. That doesn't mean you actually have to be together to do this." Holly said calmly. I know she's making sense but it's just so difficult to accept it.

I frowned, "We have to kiss. Multiple times."

Holly looked sympathetic. "We can say no if you really don't want to."

Turning down this movie which already is being hyped about in social media would be a mistake for me. If Holly is right, this will be a hit. They already had supporters. This book-turned-movie also had an established fanbase. She needs this. She also need to act like a professional.

"No. I'll do it."

_________________________________________

The difficult thing about pushing people away is the lack of friends when I need them. In interviews, my co-stars usually described that I was private, I was quiet, and I kept to myself. It was true, I guess.

I think the only co-star I really connected with was Johnny Depp. I had been so star struck when I first met him and I called him Mr. Depp for weeks when he insisted I call him Johnny. He was a really cool guy who loved working with people.

I don't think Johnny Depp wants to be your moping buddy now.

I sighed and sunk deeper in my sofa. I needed distraction again, I decided. How about I upload something on instagram?

Placing my phone on my table for a good shot, I took a photo of myself with the book on my lap and my trusty mug, the title was not obvious and I thought of a caption and uploaded it.

golden  guess what im working on? xo

After just a few minutes of posting, my photo received questions and speculations of what book to movie I will star on. Most of the people got them right but of course I couldn't say just yet.

Filming will start in three weeks, I reminded myself. Some scenes will be shot here in Beverly Hills while most of the movie will use Paris as its backdrop. I need to preparing by getting myself familiar with the script, with my lines, and with the emotions.

Well, emotions would be the least of my worries. If Nick will be there, my emotions should be ready for a roller coaster ride.