XII

In between tapes, Nick and I would try and talk about as much as we could - well, if we aren't making out.

Nick has definitely left his teen years and entered adulthood. He is much more sure of who he is and what he wants.

"I missed kissing you." He whispered to me as we laid on my hotel bed. He was on his side and was watching me, "The past few weeks has been so amazing, Y/N."

"You have got to stop calling me by my name. Am I not baby?" I teased, pouting ever so slightly.

He kissed my pout, "Baby then."

"Are we going to keep this a secret for now, Nicholas?" I asked him softly, my fingers playing with the small ringlets in his hair. I always had a special attachment to his hair and I loved when it was big and thick.

"Do you mind?" He raised an eyebrow, "It isn't that I don't want to tell the world but one of the things we both hate about making it public is the fact that there are so many people making comments about us."

I understood. In our previous relationship, we were always put on papers. There were rumors about an engagement, a baby bump, and so many crazy things that certain news get to our families before we could discover them.

"Mmm," I remembered that baby bump issue, "Remember when they thought I was pregnant? It was bad enough that I felt crazy because I was bloated but the media thought I was pregnant!"

He laughed at the memory, "I remember your mom calling and asking you if you had something to tell her."

"I remember!" I joined him in laughter, "She doesn't trust the media after that."

Nick then paused and turned to me, "How about we visit your parents after all this is over? How are they? The last time I heard, they continued with the bakery."

The bakery opened in 2014, the year I told my parents I was leaving home. They told me that they would be opening the bakery again after three years of being on hiatus because they loved focusing on me and my work. They were doting parents. I love them.

"I call my mom every morning. She likes to keep in touch. My body clock is just different here in Paris so I don't get to call her as often." I answered and then felt a pang of guilt course through me. "The bakery is doing well. My dad loves being in the kitchen and my mom loves managing everything."

He listened and smiled, "I want to meet them in person and apologize." Nick has been apologizing profusely to what happened to us, especially when I told him about my trips to my psychiatrist. "Are they angry?"

To be honest? They weren't. They were sad the relationship had to end. They were both close with Nick, who was so sweet to them. But as my dad told me before, "Things happen, Y/N. You either have to fight it or accept it."

"They aren't." I assured him and moved my body to lean on him. The proximity between us was so close that I could almost feel his heartbeat. I missed this. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I'll try and savor every single moment I have with him. That was one thing I regret before. I took every single moment for granted.

"Hey, Y/N?"
"Mmm?"
"I love you."

I pulled back and stared at him.

Nick smirked and kissed the tip of my nose, "I love you. And no, you don't have to say it back now, I can wait for..."

"I love you!" I blurted out and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I love you!"

He chuckled at my reaction and wrapped his arms around me. "That's a reaction I like, baby."

Before we could go on another make out sesh, Holly knocked softly on my door, "Lovers, you need food. Come and have dinner."

"And Nick, your dad called." Phil called out.

"Sorry! We'll be right out." Nick answered as he moved away and rained my face with kisses. He winked at me before sitting up and pulling his shoes on.

I followed his suit and put on my sandals.

While we were both affectionate when it was the two of us, we kept an appropriate distance between each other in public. We have been doing this before we actually talked about it. Neither of us were ready to even open our relationship to others.

I don't know about Nick but I was feeling quite selfish about him. I am not ready to share him with the world again, which of course I know is ridiculous since we are famous. But I lost this guy for years, the public had him. They have him. Is it too much to ask if I keep him to myself?

"Is it really you? Oh! We are such a big fans!" A teenage girl came up to me with two more girls. They looked excited to see me so I gave them a smile, "Can we request for a photo, please?"

Holly raised an eyebrow at me as if offering to scold the girls for interrupting dinner. I shook my head and looked at the girls, "Of course."

In the hotel restaurant, most of the guests didn't want to disturb our free time but there were people like these girls who made sure they got a hug or two. I didn't mind.

My fans are important to me. They support me and if a photo can make them happy, I'd love to take millions for them.

And this is when I realized that it wasn't just Nick who belonged to the public, I was also theirs. He shared me and he kept on sharing me with them.

I bit my lip as I sat back down.

I really need to work on my selfishness with Nicholas, I thought.