XVIII

"Why are you here, Y/N?"

I had taken the cab, took off my shoes because I have to walk up from the gate to Nick's house, and met him as he was walking towards me.

We stopped walking when we got close to each other.

"Why are you not wearing your shoes? Y/N, where's your jacket?" Nick asked with an obvious hint of worry in his tone.

The wind was cold and so was the driveway under my toes but it didn't matter. All that mattered to me now is getting my man back.

I laughed and then, I bit my lip, "I... I'm scared of what the future will bring us, Nicholas." Before he opened his mouth to say anything, I raised my hand, "Just let me speak, please."

He nodded and gestured for me to continue.

"I am scared of you because you can kill me. The feeling of getting left behind and set aside will kill me, Nick." I put a hand on my chest, "I don't know if my heart could take anymore pain if you make me feel that way again."

Nick stood in front of me, vulnerable and hurt as I am. My heart broke, knowing I was the one to cause his pain.

"But losing you like this will hurt me more. I don't want to wake up one day and wonder what if I gave this a chance? What if I gave us a chance?" I could feel my tears on my cheeks, "I don't want to wonder, Nicholas. If I could... I'll do what it takes to make sure we work this time."

I sniffed and wiped away my tears with my hand, "I was wrong for thinking you need to do all the work back then. I could've tried and went to you instead of waiting for you to come when you were busy."

"I can't let you go without a fight now, Nick Jonas. Damn it. If I fly and cross oceans for you this time to make this work, I damn will!"

He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me. Nick was crying. "I am so ready to cancel the tour for you. I am so ready to give you the world, Y/N. I don't need this. I don't need anything else. If I give you up this time, knowing that everything else isn't as worth it as you... I would proclaim to the world that I am stupid for letting you go."

I embraced him, as though trying to put his broken pieces back together.

I wasn't the only one in pain in this relationship. Nick was too but I refused to see it because I was looking only at the heartaches he caused me when he left. Nick was trying to make it up to me when we got back together and I simply ignored it.

He knew he hurt me and he wants to make it right this time. That's why it hurt him to hear that I was scared of him. He was already trying so hard and yet, the mistakes he made years ago were still so fresh in my mind. It was as if it was permanent when it really shouldn't be.

"I want you to be in my world, Y/N. It wouldn't be complete without you in it." He pulled back and cupped my face with his hands. They were cold but to be honest, I didn't care. "I'm sorry I didn't fight for you years ago."

"No. You're back now." I sniffed again. "The past shouldn't matter."

Nick kissed my forehead tenderly. "I want you to know that I love you, Y/N. And I want you to believe that this is going to be constant, no matter how far away we are from one another." He laid another on the tip of my nose, "I will love the hell out of you this time." Nick smiled tearfully at me, "You are the love of my life and I am one lucky guy to have another shot at this opportunity to be with you."

"Y/N, I am so damn in love with you."

I smiled, "Nicholas, I am in love with you too. I want to try this one more time."

His lips claimed mine. My heart raced as we kissed. He pulled me close to him, making sure I don't move away and to be honest, I wasn't planning to. I kissed him back, trying to make sure he knows I am in this a hundred percent.

We pulled away and chuckled at the current situation we were in. We were both standing in his driveway ignoring the chilly night wind. I was barefoot and we were both crying and laughing at the same time.

"I made hot chocolate!" We heard Frankie call out from the front door. He grinned at us and answered to the phone he held up to his ear, "Yes. They kissed. Finally!"

Nick laughed and grinned at me, "Frankie makes a mean cup of hot choco. Do you want to come inside?" He took his own shoes off and offered them to me, "Go on. At least I still have my socks."

"I..."

He kneeled and proceeded to put the shoes on me, trying the knots securely. I watched him and my heart swelled. I know I made the right choice.

Yes. I am in love with you, Nicholas Jonas.

________________________________________

Author's note:

Hello there!

This marks the end of Golden Girl. Thank you for supporting this little story of mine. I wish you enjoyed reading it as I enjoyed writing it.

Thank you for the love and support!

x,
a