VIII

The air between me and Nick was weird when we met on set. He wasn't surprised that I was there, his manager has also briefed him that I accepted the role.

We stayed far from each other and I guess we like it that way. It was better.

We tried to be professional in all of the dealings that we have with one another but the director noticed something was up so he called me and Nick for a quick word.

"Look guys, this is written for you. There is a lot of sweet scenes, a lot of touchy scenes but your awkwardness is so obvious. Your chemistry is almost gone. Nick, Y/N, please. A lot of your fans are looking forward to this movie. We're about to let out a word that you guys are starring in it. Please. Please don't let them down." He emphasized the last statement.

Nick looked at me when the director called out for another take.

"He's right." He spoke the obvious.

I nodded, "Of course he is."

Nick leaned on the wall, "I don't want to lose you in my life, Y/N. You are too important. You are a big part of my life. I want to salvage whatever I can to save us."

I was touched. I didn't think I'd mean that much to him.

"Nick. I'm sorry. This is partly my fault. If I hadn't been rude to you at me house..."

"No. You were right. I was thinking about it and you were right. What is the purpose of speaking of the past? You don't need an explanation. We need to be in good terms for this movie. We have a lot of kissing scenes, after all." He chuckled.

I giggled finally. "That's true but you know this is not going to be instantaneous, right?"

"I know." Nick looked at me, "We need to hang out more. Rekindle what we lost." And then he added, "As friends." He stretched out a hand, "Friends?"

"Friends. So, when can we hang out?"

"Well, we're planning a surprise party for mom. Do you want to be the surprise gift?" Nick offered, "Mom missed you a lot. She nearly killed me because you were her second daughter."

I laughed. "I'll be there. Message me the deets?"

"Deal."

Filming was smoother. All the scenes needed in Beverly Hills were done. The news was released that Nick and I were filming the movie and our fans went wild. A few behind the scenes photos were shown to the public and most of them sounded excited were with the movie.

We were just given a few days to fly to Paris to follow the crew and it was a good thing too, the birthday dinner surprise was still happening. I can't wait to see the Jonases again.

"Y/N!" Kevin opened the door for me before I even got to knock. He hugged me and welcomed me in.

Danielle was smiling at me as she too embraced me, "I missed you, Y/N. You look so beautiful! When Nick told us you were coming, we couldn't believe it. But here you are!"

They both seemed so happy I was there.

"Y/N! Let me officially introduce you to Sophie." Joe lead his stunning girlfriend towards me.

They probably don't have plans to let me sit and relax but I was ecstatic. It felt like coming home.

"Goldie!" Frankie called out from the stairs. Unlike his brothers, Frankie tried to keep our relationship alive so we would message each other often. He started to call me Goldie the moment I changed my Instagram name.

"Before Frankie pulls you away, Y/N, this is Sophie." Joe looked absolutely smitten with his girlfriend, Sophie Turner. It was adorable.

"Hi Sophie. I'm..."

"I know." Sophie grinned wide, "I am a huge fan."

"Are you?" I blushed, "I'm a fan of yours too!"

Frankie took me by surprise and hugged me, "Hey Goldie. Finally, you show up."

I turned to Frankie. The last time I saw him was when he was still smaller than I was. He was twelve at the time. And now he's a tall eighteen year old.

"I can't believe you're taller than me now!" I laughed as I marveled at the warmest welcome they've given me.

"Alright. Let the girl breathe. Stop crowding her." I heard someone say from behind the other Jonases. "Y/N." Nick smiled, "Safe flight?"

I chuckled, "You're still so bad with small talk, Nicky." I patted his cheek and laughed. "Come here." Feeling really light and happy, I hugged him. It took me a few seconds to actually process I was hugging him and he was hugging me back.

When we separated, the people around us were wearing mischievous smiles on their faces.

"Awkward." Joe said playfully.

I cleared my throat, "What can I do to help?"

"Oh, we're nearly done with dinner." Danielle led me to the living room. "Be comfortable and they'll be here in a few."

She, Sophie, Frankie, and Joe joined me in the room while Nick and Kevin finalized everything.

"Nick was so nervous earlier." Frankie grinned at me."He kept on telling Joe what to do."

Joe laughed, "He asked me to set the table four times and reminded me that you would be here."

"I think he's nervous of having you around, Y/N." Danielle placed a hand on my back.

Sophie nodded, "I've never seen him that clammy and fidgety before." She sent me a grin, "You are definitely making him nervous."

When Kevin entered the room, "Okay guys, Nick finally calmed down. I have never seen him smile that much. You should've seen him." He laughed and joined me and Danielle on the sofa, "I bet you five bucks you can get him to do anything you want him to do now."

Joe smirked, "You're on." He then called out, "Hey Nick? Can you bring us milk and cookies while we wait? We're in the living room."

There was silence and Joe gave a triumphant grin at Kevin. Nick doesn't really liked being told what to do.

"Wait." Kevin stopped Joe.

And then Nick's voice was heard, "Chocolate chip?"