XIII

The shooting of the movie With Love, Paris is nearly done. It has been ten weeks since we started filming. Post-production is on its way. Romance films take shorter time to shoot and produce unlike fantasy films with special effects and prosthetics.

Nick and I were on our honeymoon phase. For six weeks, we kept our romance quiet. It was, however, about time for the director to recognize the quiet glances, the random rendezvous, and the sneaky kisses we did. But of course, we didn't confirm the relationship.

It was better to keep people guessing.

My parents were happy to hear the news from me and they invited Nick over as soon as we finish filming. The Jonases were also elated to hear about us. But we specifically told our families that we wanted to keep it a secret. They agreed to keep it.

"Y/N. I received a script from Holly." Hannah offered to me an envelope. "She mentioned to me earlier that her dad is doing fine. You don't need to worry anymore."

I nodded, "Good. I feel like it will be my fault if she didn't get there on time. What did she say is the movie about?" I opened the water bottle and watched as Nick did his scene.

"You will be playing a chef. So Holly will be arranging professional classes if you take it." Hannah looked excited for me, "You will still be auditioning for it but the director wants you."

I beamed at Hannah, "Can you drop this off my suite so I can read it later?"

"Of course. I'll keep it safe for now." The young woman nodded, "Do you want anything? Coffee? Croissant? Your phone?"

"Did anyone call?" I asked.

"Your mother left a message saying they're leaving for their vacation in Rome." Hannah read from her folder, "Your dad reminds you to eat and sleep properly. Joe Jonas also called. He wants to ask if you already decided on Nick's present."

I nodded and smiled. September 16 was merely a few days away. I arranged for a private and romantic meal to be set in his suite while we finalized filming on his birthday.

"I'll call Joe. Thanks Hannah." She handed over my phone. She had her own and since my phone was on airplane mode, most of the people who needed to leave me a message called Hannah.

I dialed Joe's number and he answered on the first ring, "Golden, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Joseph, you were the one who called Hannah. So I did get him something for his birthday. I noticed his favorite watch was old and I got him a new one. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak? Are you familiar?"

Joe chuckled, "No, but I do know he will love it. I mean he still kept the shirts you got him even if they don't fit anymore."

I smiled, "I didn't know that."

"Well, now you do." He responded, "Okay, so what's the plan?"

"Baby."

I jumped and nearly dropped my phone. Nick leaned and whispered so close to my ear that it actually made the hairs on my nape stand.

"Nicholas! Don't scare me like that." I grinned, "I'll talk to you later...Hols. Nick just finished."

"Hols? Oh! Okay. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Y/N." Joe got the point and hung up.

"How is Holly's dad?" Nick's face filled with worry. He knew the feeling since his dad had his cancer operation last year. Nick told me he was so rattled that he dropped everything and flew home.

I smiled and tried to smoothen out the skin on his forehead, "Nick, he's fine. Holly said we can stop worrying." He consented and sighed in relief.

"Thank God." He finally gave me a smile. "The director said we can go back to the hotel. He wants to see a few scenes that he wants to make sure didn't need reshooting."

"Alright. I need to catch up on my sleep and you need to write songs for your album." I pinched his cheek and smiled, "Texting for tonight?"

He pouted. It looked so adorable on his usually serious face, "I'll miss you too much."

I winked at him, "Distance makes our hearts fonder."