XV

"How have you been, Nicholas?" I heard my father ask. They were both in the living room, having coffee and cheesecake.

My mother smiled at me, she always had this soft look to her that I wish I inherited. I thought I looked too strong, too much like my father. "You look happy."

"Do I?"

"Yes. Much. You smile before but your eyes were always sad. Now, your eyes look happier. You look genuinely happy, Y/N." She spoke as she poured tea for me. "Dear, I am so glad for you."

I took the cup and nodded, "Me too. I don't think I can take another heartbreak though, mom."

She looked at me, "If you really say you love him, you will be willing to risk it. Is he worth it?"

Is he?

"He is." I nodded. "But if something happens..."

"Then talk it out this time. Tell him what you want and what you need. He can't read your mind. Tell him. Talk." My mother advised, "If it happens again, your father and I will be here for you."

I teared up, "Thank you, mom."

"My dear, you can't always be happy. The story cannot always be happy and you have to remember that. But you just have to remind yourself that if this boy is worth it, you'll work things out with him. Given he is also willing to do it with you." She embraced me and gave me a light squeeze.

"I'll remember it, mom."

We heard a knock, "Bad moment?" Dad stepped in the room and smiled, "Your mother and I will prepare dinner now. You can go and help Nick get settled in." We were spending the weekend with my parents and the next weekend with his. This is how we try and reconnect with one another.

"Alright dad." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and went to Nick who was looking over the album my mom made. It was full of newspaper and magazine cut outs about my career. "Hey, busy?"

"For you? Never." He smiled when he looked up. "I'm just enjoying this album very much." I joined Nick on the sofa and smiled, "When we broke up, I tried to escape you. I couldn't. Obviously. You were everywhere."

I laughed, "I did the same thing. I failed but I made an effort not to read articles about you."

"We should've gotten back together instead, Y/N. We wasted so much time." Nick told me as soon as he finished leafing through the album.

I shook my head, "It already happened. Let's not regret anything."

Nick put the album away and took my hands, "Y/N, I promise I will love you in the way you need to be love by someone. I promise I will try every single day to love you and take care of you. I don't want us to end that way again."

"Nick, I promise that my love for you will be stronger. My love for you will fill in all the missed days, months, and years." I told him. I wanted to love him more this time.

He pressed his lips on my knuckles and looked at me, "I tried to forget you. I've spent days trying to fill that gap you left but every single one felt so wrong." Nick squeezed my hands affectionately and met my eyes, "Thank you for giving me the chance, Y/N."

"For you? Anything." I kissed his forehead. "Come on. Let's go. You need rest before dinner."

Nick took a quick rest and we have dinner with my parents that night. We got a news from Joe that we have a photo up online that showed us kissing on set. It filled all gossip websites under the headline that we got back together.

"So, what do we do?" I frowned as we scrolled through the comments.

Nick chuckled, "Then we can go out in public. No problem." He wrapped an arm around me. "Don't worry too much."

"But we did so well!" I pouted. "We hid everything so well."

He watched me and laughed at my reaction, "Y/N," He cradled me in his arms, as we lounged on the sofa. "Don't overthink, please. Everything will be fine. We need to live in the moment. No more pressure from the future. No more baggages from the past. Just us. Just now."

"That's true." I leaned on his chest. "Just us."

Nick hummed and played with my hair. "Will you take the movie?" He whispered, "The storyline sounds good."

"I want to. It looks good. Female chef. Competition in a male dominated kitchen. It'll be great. I get to learn how to really cook too." I answered him, "What are you planning to do now, Nick?"

"I want to release the song we worked on before the movie." Nick told me, "Do you want to work on it with me?"

I lifted my head, "Do you want me to?"

"Do you want to?" He grinned.

"I want to but I don't want to be in everything in your life right now. Like let's keep our lives separate for now until everything settles down, okay?"

He nodded, "Sounds good, baby."

"I love you, Nicholas."
"I love you."