Chapter 2; A Cowboy Hat

As Grian finished some more interior design he started to head up to the bubble elevators, even though it has been about 4 hours since it happened he still could get the moments of him and scar out of his mind. What had this man done to get so much of his attention, they never really spoke to much and they were both parts of the only two rivalling companies on the server. But it all just felt so natural, them just sitting in that silence, that comfortable almost perfect silence together.Grian did what he had tried to do for the past 3 hours and brushed the thought off of his mind.

As he approached the bubble elevator Grian moved his hand outwards to touch the water, warm as it was being powered by magma blocks to lift you up.

As he ascended up the elevator he felt something lightly touch the top of his head taking away the satisfying feeling of smooth completion. He instead got the feeling of his blood running cold, was this a string trap that was placed as he was working underground, is this his demise? As all of these thoughts consumed his head he didn't notice that there was a little more weight on his head than usual.

After about 10 seconds of pure panic he realised that nothing had happened, in this sudden realisation he simultaneously turned around and felt the newfound pressure on his head. To his surprise there wasn't any string there, in fact nothing had changed at all, no piston, no observers, no dispensers and overall, no redstone.

After this reassurance he took the unknown extra weight off of his head only to find a brown hat, not just anybody's brown hat but scars brown cowboy hat. The most confusing part to Grian was not how he forgot his hat as he always wears it but why it wasn't grey scale like scar himself, all the confusion would have to be ignored for now and answered later because Grian had to go five scar his hat back, only problem is that it was 2 o'clock in the morning and thunderstorming. At least to pass the time Grian could try to dry out scars soaking hat right?

After about another 30 boring minutes of waiting for a hat to dry Grian was sick of waiting for morning to come so at 2:30 am he headed out to scars place to return his prized possession. Before Grian left he put the now dried out cowboy hat into a empty light grey shulkerbox that he found lying around.

As grian tightened his elytra he grabed some rockets and leapt from the top of his giant flower pot looking base, he swept through the trees and buildings over to the beautifully landscaped pirate island. As his feet rapidly but gracefully collided with the ground he remembered that scar was barely over there anymore, but it's good to check.

As he thought, which he did almost all the time he started walking at a smooth pace towards the cave entrance, he took the time to admire how much effort and skill it took to redesign this land by hand to make it look so beautiful and Minecrafty but so natural and realistic at the same time, he would be able to tell scars terraforming apart from anybody else's which was a skill he gained from admiring so many of his builds.

Grian was too busy admiring the beautiful building skills to notice the tall grayscale figure of the one and only Cubfan staring him down,because as soon as grian turned to move into the entrance of the cave he bumped into the other, literally.

-ow", my face" grian looked up only to see cubfan not looking too impressed,

"Uhhhh heyyy cubfaaannn"

"What are you doing here?" Cub asked

"I came here to see scar"

"He's busy" cub said in a monotone voice as he started to walk back into the cave.

"wAIT! I have something for him." Grian exclaimed, interrupting cubs walk as he halted his movements to turn his head around in interest.

"You got 5 minutes bud, if your not out by then I'm going in to bring you out myself." Cub said as he took out his sword to furthermore the treat.

"Yeah, uhh your not going to kill me are you?" Grian said nervously as he walked into the cave opening backwards,

"Depends on how bored I get" cub chuckled.

Grian now scared as all hell, turned and started almost speed walking away from cub into the cave,

"Oh, by the way scars sitting on the dock near his nether portal" was cubs last remark as he walked back into the cave passing a very nervous grian on his way in.

As grian slowly made his way over to the docks he was confused to see a pile of.... blankets?

"Uhm, SCAAAAARR!"

"Cub? Did you find it yet" a voice came from the blanket pile which grian immediately recognised as scar,

"Not exactly..."

"Wait- Grian?, what are you doing here? It's like 3am" scar asked

"I just came here to drop something off that I think you might've lost" Grian said pulling out the light grey shulkerbox that currently housed scars hat.

"Thanks bro, wait why is it brown?"

"I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw it,"

"Well uhm, thanks for bringing it back. I don't think I would've ever been able to leave my base if I didn't get it back"

"And why's that?"

"Because he's self conscious about his hair." Cub said walking over to the two,

"Oh hey cub!" Scar said right before grabbing the hat out of grains light grey shulker box,

"Five minutes and twelve seconds," Cub said pausing his timer whilst staring grian down,

As soon as scar had that hat planted firmly on his head he practically jumped out of the blankets,

"Thanks for bringing back my hat dude!" Scar said giving grian a hug, grian hesitating for a second and then hugging him back,

"No problem" the hug lasted for a couple seconds and then grian realised scar had pretty much fallen asleep,

"Scar?, scaaaaarr" grian said lengthening the a in scar,

"Huh?, what?" Scar said half asleep,

"Scar you should probably get to bed, you've been up for too long" Cub said

"Nooooooooooo" scar said, still leaning on grian who was currently starting to get a little red in the face,

"Scar, you need to go to bed, your going to be tired in the morning," Cub continued

"I'm tired every morning" scar retorted,

"Yeah, scar it's like 3:10 in the morning, you need to get to bed" grian said trying to help

"Fiiiiiineee" scar said finally giving in.

Everyone was too distracted by other things to notice that scars hat had turned back to its monotone colour.

Grian and Cub practically carried scar back to his bed, after they said their goodbyes grian left with more questions about the other than last time they were together, why didn't the two try to kill him, why did scar hug him and most importantly, why was scar self conscious about his hair, what was wrong with it?