Chapter 10; What Is Love? (Part 2)

Ok guys you know I had to-

"...And so we sat there for a while, and he said my cooking was really good." Grian said, his legs dangling off of the cobblestone block he was laying on.

"Mhmm, that's good." Mumbo said, only half listening as he was a little preoccupied with the redstone he was working on.

It had been a couple days since Grian and Scar hung out last and Grian was bothering Mumbo while he worked on some redstone near the front of Sahara.

"Wait so, he forgave you just like that?" Mumbo said as the information he was given just caught up to his mind.

"Yeah, and he was really sweet about it as well." Grian said sitting up and nearly hitting his head on the ceiling that was one block above from where he was now sitting.

Mumbo was confused as to what possible reason Scar would have to forgive Grian so easily. It took him at least three full days to fully forgive Grian for a prank. Unless he had something in it for him, which is highly unlikely. What did he want with Grian? Well, that's if there is anything that he wants at all.

Maybe he was worrying too much, I mean it's Scar that they are talking about here. One of the sweetest people in the server; he wouldn't hurt a fly, well, not on purpose at least.

"That's a little odd. Well, it clearly seems like you two are getting along well." He said, moving away from his redstone to focus a little more on his friend.

"Yeah, it's been really fun hanging out with him. Oh! Speaking of hanging out with people, are you and Iskall on speaking terms again, it's been like..." he started counting the days in his fingers, "five days!" Grian said, flinging his arms out as he laid back down again.

"Oh uhm, so you... noticed us avoiding each other I'm guessing." Mumbo said, slightly embarrassed as, somehow, he thought Grian, being the oblivious gremlin he was, wouldn't actually notice. Though clearly he had noticed.

"Well yeah, you were both practically staring at your shoes the entirety of the meeting this morning, and I can assure you, laces aren't that interesting." He started giggling at his own joke.
"It was honestly a surprise either of you showed up. Iskall's been sulking at his base for the past week, and I mean you just usually don't show up-"

"It was one time and I told you guys beforehand!" Mumbo said, only receiving a giggle from Grian. "And well I mean, I don't know. Iskall tried to talk to me a couple times and I was upset so I didn't answer. But now he just seems to not try to talk to me at all." He continued.

There was a short silence, though not too noticeable by the two as they were too busy wrapped up in their own heads.

"Hey Mumbo..."

"Yes?"

"What is love?"

"What are you talking about?" Mumbo said, sitting up on an empty block to reach the others height.

"Well... you know, how do you know you like someone?"

"I don't know, I'm not exactly Cupid over here."

"Are you sure you don't know how love feels, or you know, like someone?" Grian sat up and smirked at his friend.

"I don't know what you're going for here."

"I'm just saying, the way you and Iskall look at each other, when you're not arguing of course, is the closest thing I've seen you to loving anybody." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"I've liked people before!"

"Did you even hear what I said?" Grian started giggling again.

"Yes, you said that I've never loved someone except the way I look at-" the realisation hit him like a train, "Oh... oh I get it now." His face reddened a bit.