Chapter 10; What Is Love? (Part 1)

The night was cold, in more ways than one. Scar seemed to have fallen asleep pretty quickly, though that was not the same for Grian. The situation was replaying again and again over in his head. Grian wasn't the type to get angry.

He wasn't like that, the closest that would happen would be the playful banter he has with pretty much everyone. The reoccurring thought of Scars reaction was as confusing as it was painful, Scar was, like Grian himself, a very happy and bubbly person with a seemingly endless storage of energy inside.

Only a few seconds before that he was practically on top of the other, grateful that he didn't get hurt. Though there was no denying it, even through Scars greyscale nearly emotionless face, caused by a couple of pufferfish, he looked heartbroken. He needed to make it up to him somehow.

...

As the sun slowly rose to signify a new day Scar began to slowly wake up, though to his surprise it seemed like he wasn't the only one awake. In the distance he could smell something meaty cooking. The aroma was filling up the room. It smelt very nice.

Scar sat up and stretched. He was putting on his shoes only to see Grian turning around holding... a plate of food?

"Oh, good morning Scar. I didn't wake you did I?"

"Uhm no... what are you holding?" Scar was very confused, Grian's mood had changed a lot within those past twelve hours, going from content and happy, to distraught and distracted, to very short tempered and angry, to sad and upset and then happier than at the start.

"I decided to make some breakfast to... apologise for yesterday." He said sitting down next to Scar.

Scar, now able to see what was on the plate, could see that there was two slices of mutton, a couple of sweet berries scattered around the plate as well as a small bowl of mushroom soup.

"You... do know that we have food with us right?"

"Well yes- but I wanted to make you something myself." Grian mumbled, looking down at the food.

"You don't need to apologise, everybody loses their temper sometimes." Scar said, putting his hand on top of Grian's.

"But I don't! I shouldn't have spoken to you like that." He said looking up at the other putting his other hand on top of Scar's, leaving the plate to balance of his thighs

"It's ok Grian. You were just tired." The two had locked eyes by now,

"I forgive you, I was just worried dude." Scar put his other hand on Grian's completing their little hand stack.

They stayed like that for around another minute or two, just enjoying each others company. That was, until Grian had to say something.

"You are going to eat the food though right?"

Scar started laughing,taking his hands away from the hand pile they made.

"Yes, yes. I'll eat the food, don't worry." He chuckled looking back over at Grian.

"I put in a lot of effort into that food, you should be grateful." He joked, playfully punching Scars shoulder.

The two continued laughing.

Grian realised that day just how great full he was to be with Scar.