It might be you

~Bright~

"This is the funniest and most romantic novel I read in my entire existence and I need to know where the rest of the chapters are" I said after laughing so hard

"Funny? Romantic? Did we read the same thing?" my friend Lance asked

"Because you didn't read the entire thing" I close the book and put it on top of my drawer

"Chapter one already gave me a headache and I have no plan to read further than that. I don't get its plot. The characters are stupid. There are too many plot holes. I would rather read my physics or chemistry book than waste my time on that nameless author's work" Lance continues to berate the draft of an unfinished novel I found in a coffe shop a week ago

"Did I just hear you insult the precious writer of my favorite book?" I went over to where he is seated and slap the back of his head.

"Ouch! That hurts Bright!" Lance scratch the part of his head that I hit

"You could never understand a work of art like this if you are not an artist yourself"

"That's too deep my friend. Why? Do you write too?"

"No idiot! Just like creating a music, or dancing or painting, writing is a form of art too. Every character, every moment, every single word on that book is a piece of soul of the author and to share something as intimate as that is one of the best things I admire the most"

"I'm going to pretend that I understood what you just said"

"Do you want to get hit again in the head?" I stand up and act like I'm going to punch his head

"Fine. Fine. You're in love with that book. But aren't you going to return that book to its owner? It has a contact number right?"

A week ago, Lance and I went to chill on our favorite coffee shop. While he went to order, I noticed that someone left a leather pouch in the table next to us. Inside is a draft of a novel titled" 2gether".

I am about to surrender it to the staff of the coffee shop but I got curious and I open it and started reading.

Little did I know is that I will be too much invested in this book that I forgot to return it and I even brought it back home.

After reading the cliffhanger ending, I noticed that on the last page is that the author has written down his name and contact details.

I figure out that I’ll reread the entire thing and jot down my questions, so when it's time to return it to the owner, I can ask him about his book and maybe take a sneak peek on its next chapter.

"I'll give it back tomorrow, but I have to call the author first so we can set up a meeting place" I said smiling

"And speaking of meetings, aren't you going to rehearse today with your bandmates?"

"I don't know. I had a major fight with Mark two nights ago" I heave a sigh

"Mark? Your band's vocalist? What happened again? Do you realise that this is your sixth band already since you started playing the guitar?"

"You know me Lance. I'm not the kind of person who starts a fight"

"Then what happened? Don't tell me..."

"Same issue as always. Is it my fault that I'm goodlooking? That their girlfriends wants a piece of me" I said confidently

"I have to remind you Bright. You are running out of money. I suggest that you stop womanizing and think about your future. If you get kicked out of the band, how will you earn money?"