Promises

~Win~

"Good morning sunshine" Luke greeted me.

"Morning" I said rolling my eyes. I'm not in the mood to banter with Luke today.

The food are already laid out in the table. Dad is already sitting in his usual spot reading his morning paper. Luke is seated to his left side wearing his business attire.

Luke is like a modern day Disney Prince. A modern day Prince Hans.

(A/N: Prince Hans is from the Disney film Frozen. A villain who disguised himself as the good guy)

"I hope you don't miss me that much" Luke said grinning

"You're the last person that I'm going to miss" I lean closer to him and whispered.

"Win, don't make the breakfast wait. Go sit next to Luke and let's eat" my dad said.

Can my dad get anymore obvious?! Even if I told him that I already have a boyfriend, still it didn't stop him from inviting Luke for breakfast.

Luke charmed my dad enough to believe that this jerk is more suitable for me than my "boyfriend"

Just wait till you see Bright! I thought to myself.

"You woke up early today" Luke flash his mischievous smile to me after I sat next to him.

"I slept early last night" I replied

"You skip writing last night? No late night phone call conversation with your boyfriend? Weird!" Luke commented, obviously taunting me to confess that I lied to them.

"I'm with my boyfriend the whole day yesterday. We went to watch a movie, then dinner and I hangout on his place afterwards. Very tiring day that's why I went to sleep when I got home"

The truth is, when I got home after I met Bright, I immediately worked on our contract and the lies we have to tell everyone.

Planning all those stuff wore me out to the point that I slept on my table with the pen in my hand.

"When are we going to meet your boyfriend Win?" my dad inquired

"Yeah. When am I going to meet my rival?" Luke said sarcastically

"I told you, he's coming over here tomorrow" I said to my dad and I kicked Luke's leg under the table

The jerk didn't even flinch but instead gave me his signature smile. With his eyes close, a smile so wide that his dimples appear on each cheek.

He's your enemy Win! I reminded myself

"Win, I hope that you are telling the truth about having a boyfriend and he's not just some figment of your imagination"

"And why would I lie about that?"

"Last time I checked, you are not interested in having a boyfriend then some guy you claim to be your boyfriend suddenly appear out of thin air and it happened just when I'm about to introduce Luke to you. Too much of a coincidence don't you think?!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Luke nodding and agreeing on every word that my dad says.

I'm second guessing now if this jerk will give up even after he meet Bright.

"What was his name again?" Luke suddenly asked, he wanted to catch me off guard

"Bright" I said

The less information they know, the less mistake I can make.

"And what does he do for a living? I hope he doesn't pursue you because of the wealth your family has"

I want to gape at Luke's statement. How can a gold digger like him say things like that?! This guy has no shame. More reason for me to get rid of him immediately.