Once in a lifetime

~Bright~

"Hey bro!" I greeted Jirakith when I enter his bar.

I noticed that the "close" sign is still hanging outside his business establishment.

"Sorry for the late notice Bright" Jirakith said ushering me to sit next to him.

We are seated on the stool at the bar's counter while watching the bartender wipe the assorted displayed bottle of alcoholic beverages.

"No problem. I really wanted to play some music tonight too"

Jirakith called me last minute to play on his bar. Apparently, the band who was supposed to play tonight bailed out on him.

"That's good to hear" Jirakith said while he's inching his neck, seemingly looking for someone.

"Are you expecting any visitors?

"You already dumped the guy you're with here last time?"

"Win? No he doesn't know I'm here"

I then reached out for my phone in my side pocket to text Win where I'm at. I don't want him to worry in case he needs me for something.

"I know it's none of my business Bright, but what's with the sudden experimenting with the guys. You're the last person that I would expect to cross that line" Jirakith said smiling like he find my ordeal amusing.

"I really like the guy" I said while staring at the screen of my phone waiting for Win to reply.

It's very unlikely of him to not reply as soon as he get my messages unless he's sleeping or busy writing his novel.

"It's very obvious" I heard Jirakith laugh

"What do you mean?"

"This is the first time you brought someone here at my bar that you say you like. All the others are either, she's hot, she's fun, she's sexy or she's pretty. And those eyes, they're not lying my friend. The way you sang that song for him, it's obvious that you are in love with him"

I dont know what to say to Jirakith except to smile. I haven't know him for long but this one is very observant.

And I don't know about love but I did not lie to Jirakith when I said that I like Win because I really do. I like Win as an author, as a friend, especially as a person.

Last night, watching him sleep over our videocall session made me think if Win will be interested to be friends with me after two months.

Our relationship is built within lies and things never end well with a foundation like that.

"What are you waiting for?" Jirakith said and pointed me to go to the stage to prepare the instruments.

"Nothing" I clapped Jirakith's shoulder and went on stage.

I'm somehow frustrated that Win didn't reply to my message.

An hour has passed and the rest of the bar staff came one by one and begun cleaning and preparing the place.

Meanwhile, I checked my Facebook and saw that Jirakith posted my picture and he advertised that I am going to play tonight in his bar.

The post hasn't been uploaded for more than an hour but the likes and the comments skyrocketed already.

"I'm sure we've got full house later" Jirakith shouted happily.

He is not wrong because the moment he open his bar. Patrons came rushing in, most of them are girls who are already familiar with me.