Chapter 1

What a bright Saturday morning.

"Dad's already home, get up, please?" My mom said as she saw me staring at the ceiling.

Minsan lang umuuwi si Dad for some business reasons which I don't really find interesting. It's hassle because most of the time it's not him who needs to adjust schedules, it's probably us. I just don't like business that's all, it kinda gets a little dirty at times too, so I think it's not really for me.

"Ma can I go to Quin's place tonight? It's for her advanced birthday party and it's overnight. We don't have any plans, right?" I asked her while fixing my bed.

"Didn't you remember? We have a party to attend tonight. Kailangan tayo ng Dad mo to be there with him, especially when his enemies are there." sagot niya sa tanong ko habang nakatingin sa phone niya.

Shit. Hindi ko naalala na ngayon nga pala yung party na yun. If I just don't love my parents enough I would've ditched every party they're attending. I mean, what's exciting when it's all about knowing your enemies and their weaknesses in the business industry.

"Sorry nakalimutan ko ma, then I'll just cancel and tell them I have an important matter. But do I really need to go?" sabi ko na para bang nagpaparamdam na ayaw ko talagang sumama. Kasi ayaw ko naman talaga.

"Like I said your Dad needs us to be there. Please don't make your Dad mad. You know how important it is for your Dad, and also for me." She replied, and I think I can't convince her.

"Okay, I'll just take a bath, and tell Quin personally," I answered with a disappointed voice. Hindi ko alam pano sasabihin kay Quin and to my other friends na hindi ako makakapunta, I'm sure they would be sad and disappointed too.

Damn those parties. All they did was talk about business, their riches and it's toxic for me. Luckily, I won't have to really deal with it since my older brother will be the one to handle the business when the right time comes.

Our family's real estate business started with my great grandfather and was passed to the next generation and so on. Our business grew and we're rich too. At dahil at times it's not safe, we keep bodyguards around just to be sure. Si Dad ang nagiisang anak ni lolo and they had too high expectations, to the point na pati sa aming mga apo niya ineexpect niya na mas mapapalago pa namin yung company. But I can only help a little when I graduate, and it's not a problem because the company will eventually be passed to my older brother, Sebastian.

Pagkatapos ko maligo, agad akong naghanap ng damit. I chose to wear a white blouse and high waist pants. I also sent a message to Quin.

To: Quin

Nasaan kayo? I'm ready to go.

From: Quin

Girl, we decided to go to the usual café where Ria slipped, see you!

I didn't reply anymore, got my keys and carried my bag outside my room. Usually I don't use bodyguards when I meet with my friends and when I have personal matters. It's just awkward for me, I'm not used to it.

Lumabas na ako, pero natigil ako sa paglalakad nang makita si kuya na mukhang stressed at may dala-dalang box full of papers from office.

"That's a lot, are you even sleeping?" sabi ko sa kanya habang pinagmamasdan yung mga mata niyang halatang pagod na pagod na.

"Nakakatulog naman ako, mga three hours then I'd continue fixing these bunch of papers. San ka pupunta? You'll be attending the party with us later, right?" he said while he's still holding the box.