Heaven on Earth

NICOLE'S POV

So, where do I start? How can I put into words the current SITUATION? Because we HAVE a situation. Like the ones that happen in movies, tv shows, even books. The ones you can only believe when you've seen 'em since they're not enough words, never the write combination of sentences to express how f*** up it is in every way. But I'll try my best, to give you a bigger picture of what the hell just happened. Just let me think about how I'm supposed to DESCRIBE it in a few words.

I am currently laying on my hot bathroom's floor, good thing they put underfloor heating or else I'd be freezing my but off. Whatever, okay. I entered the bathroom standing up, hard because I had just twisted my ankle but managed to stand on one foot. I was supposed to hand a towel to Waverly behind the shower curtain. The thing is, she must have tripped over because, next thing I know, she literally fell right on me. And, from what I've seen...NOT THAT I WAS LOOKING I SWEAR, I never would invade her space like that I ain't no thirsty fucker who would just take advantage of her and leave her with a broken heart. Cause I know how it feels and I like her too much to...Yeah, I'll get to the point. I couldn't hold my balance on one foot and with her sudden weight upon me, I fell miserably on my back.

In a few words now, Waverly Earp is laying naked over me and I cannot get up. And when you think things could never get worse because you're already dead inside. In the fall, the towel I had brought ended up lying on the other end of the bathroom, several meters away from us.

So yeah, at this point I could've easily burst out laughing because of nerves or irony. I mean, I had been trying all week to take things slow, help her get closure, make her feel respected, loved, supported, happy. But now I had no other choice than to feel her naked body wet because of the water against mine. Her skin started to heat up and I realized that I felt it since I was only in shorts and sports bra. I shivered at the sense of her heartbeat on mine. And her perfume all over me did its magic, I was able to relax, breathe and I started to think again.

I felt her face slowly lift up from its natural home, in the crook of my neck. Her hands rested on the ground above my shoulders while mine had instinctively surrounded her hips. When I realized that I felt her soft and warm naked skin under my fingers I quickly pulled away from it and a red wave coloured my cheeks. She lifted her chin and her eyes finally met mine. She couldn't quite see so I pushed away a few strands of her wet hair before pulling my hand away again.

I stopped breathing for a second. In her hazel eyes, I saw shame and fear. I felt guilty as if without planning it, I had broken a wall behind us and didn't ask for consent. Without a word, she immediately pushed the floor away with her arms, but when she realized that her only cover now was me, her gaze shifted to embarrassment and frustration. As she fell back on me she released a word in her breath,

"Fuck."

Damn, I never heard her curse before, it was really, hm, hot. Urgh, I had to get a grip and say something,

"Waverly..." I couldn't help that my tone was in between, mortified and reflecting the pain from my foot.

Her eyes instantly went back on mine, she was scared again and she mumbled,

"I'm so so sorry, I tripped over the curtain. I'm always clumsy and I didn't even realize. You know usually, I always rinse the soap under my feet but I didn't have time and then.."

"Wave..." I tried again but unsuccessfully. I flinched when the pain in my foot got worse but I held on while she kept going,

"...Then I think your curtain is too long considering the size of your shower. Did you know it was too long? Maybe you can ask someone to fix it. Because I swear like Wynonna always used to tell me 'Watch your feet Waverly stop hurting yourself'. And she was right cause it ALWAYS led me to uncomfortable situations like I remember one time in 6th grade.."