I'm alive and free

-NICOLE'S POV: Cabin 38-

Wynonna opened the 38's cabin's door, barely dressed and out of breath. A confused little smile appeared on her lips when she saw me.

"H-Haught...hey..."

"Hello, Wynonna. I'm sorry for showing up without notice but there is something, I think you need to know..."

I was about to keep going when I saw a shirtless male figure climb down the stairs.

"Henry Holliday?" I asked trying to hide that I was kinda shocked. He always looked very noble like a modern gentleman. And I never expected a man like this to be into one-night stands. But to be fair, I never talked to him outside of work, so.

"Good Morning, Mrs Haught." said the man putting on a flannel shirt.

Wynonna turned her eyes back to mine and tried to break the awkward silence.

"So?... Does it have to do with Waverly?... Wait, why isn't she with you anyway?"

"Why would she be with me?" I asked fully confused.

"Well, since you guys kissed, she's been every day, and night, at your place"

"Eum, no. She stopped talking to me after the kiss actually...."

"Wait. What? You're sure?" asked Wynonna visibly starting to freak out.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure. She sent me one last text and-"

"No that's...that's not possible, Waverly is a terrible liar....AND even if...No she would never do this, she never lied to me...Never-Never ever...Not since...Shit." I saw her eyes widen at the realisation.

"That's where I was going yeah."

"No...No" mumbled Wynonna rubbing her face with her hands.

"I saw her and Leo together, like 20 minutes ago." I blurred out feeling like it was the only solution.

"You're fucking with me."

"I wish I was...Oh no, HUM, no that's not what I meant, I meant...."

"It's fine, I know what you meant, I'm super hot. But, hold up...Wow, hold up. How do you even know about Leo?"

"I saw the bruises on her skin, she told me about him... Said you beat the shit out of him with a baseball bat and sent him to the hospital..."

"Yep, I did. Right after I saw the bruises too. Fucking monster..."

"To be honest, I'm kinda surprised you manage to stay calm right now..."

"I'm still processing it...So he found her?"

I nodded, "I guess, yeah."

"So, he's here?"

I nodded again, "Cabin 18"

Wynonna started to bite her nails, her eyebrows were connected, her hair hiding her face while she started to pace the floor in circles. After a few seconds, Henry and I jumped at the sudden sound of her voice,

"FUCK. FUCK.FUCK. YOU MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.LEO. I swear you're a DEAD MAN" she seemed to have processed the situation. Wynonna finally looked back at me, ran her hand through her hair and declared with a cold calm voice which sent shivers down my spine,

"Warm up the engine Haught. Cause we're going."

"But what if-"

"What if she doesn't want to see us? What if she wants to stay with him? Well, violence is not something you can 'work on' or some shit like that. And he probably already hurt her- "