See the Beauty in Everything

-WAVERLY'S POV: 11.30 am, Nicole's cabin.

I let my eyes follow the curves of the three. The streams of light seemed to have a unique purpose, make nature all the more beautiful. You could say that I was one to see the beauty in all of my surroundings, from sunset to an empty can on the floor. Beauty is powerful, beauty is personal, beauty is my weakness.

I let my tongue caress my bottom lip, as I continued to admire the roses around Nicole's garden. I still felt her on my lips and it made me smile deep. Nicole was beautiful. In every way possible, from her heart to her touch on my skin, she had awoken parts of me. And only her sweet voice could bring me down from the loud rumbling of my thoughts.

"Wave?... Did something happened with your sister...or, is it the hangover?"

The nickname sent a shiver down my spine. It brought a cascade of memories and my knees felt suddenly weak as I laid on the table behind me still avoiding her eyes. I finally turned and faced her,

"No everything is fine..."

"Cool! So, how do you feel about breakfast?" she must have seen my intrigued eyes because she added "It's in the kitchen...I didn't know what you'd like so I kinda, may have, picked everything...?" She let out a sweet chuckle and it filled my heart with light.

"That's really sweet thank you..." I let out a smile and she returned it to me. After a few seconds, I added "Nicole, I'm sorry but I can't really stay, I...hm...It's just, well, I can't thank you enough for taking care of me, but.."

"Trust me it was my honour to do so...Plus it's nice to have company at 2 am and it's all thanks to you..."

"Just, please let me finish...This week was a LOT and I need just a few hours to, you know...process everything..."

Nicole held out her hand from the couch to take mine and rubbed my palm softly with her fingers,

"Waverly, look at me..." I met her eyes and their warmth made me melt "See, there's no rush, you have all the time in the world, and most importantly, you don't need to justify yourself in order to take it...I'll wait and I'll be there, always."

Seeing how much meaning she had put into her words, I was glad I could lay a little more on the table and hide my emotion. I swallowed the lump in my throat and I struggled, not allowing my eyes to get watery. I saw her chin rest on the top of the couch back and she offered me a warm smile with dimples. So, so cute.

I hated that I had to leave so soon but I knew that we both deserved for me to be true, happy and liberated. And the only way was to take time and find a new balance, a new base before I started to build anything. A sweet idea came up to my mind and I said,

"Maybe I could make it up to you tonight?" as I remembered she wasn't working.

I saw a glimpse of deception and sadness in her eyes before she answered,

"Oh, I can't, I'm working tonight... It's the day of arrivals and bars are THE place to be, especially the one at the beach. Don't ask me why people love to get drunk the first couple of hours I really wouldn't know though, but yeah..."

"Wait, how will you work if you can't even stand up from the couch?" I asked confused as she was still holding ice on her bruised ankle.

But before Nicole could answer me, a knock was heard at the door. My eyes shifted from the door back to her and she nodded, allowing me to open it. An old woman was standing there, cautiously holding a basket close to her chest. When she finally caught my sight she gasped and exclaimed,

"OH GOD. OH, John, Maria, Patrick. Shit. It's not it. James, Morgan and Jonas? OH oh, maybe, Jesus, Rachel and Marc, fuck I don't know, I'm a terrible christian, whatever. WHO are you!? And what have you done with Nicole?!" her expression was priceless, she was horrified and her hands started shaking.