4 - Destroyer of Lives

-November 22, San Diego CA-

I wake up to headlights glancing by my window.  I roll over to glance at the red numbers of my clock across the room.  12:15 am.  Who the hell is blasting their lights on my window at a time like this?  I close my eyes again only to nearly jump out of my bed seconds later to tapping on the window.  I quickly unravel the blinds and pull them up.  Rebecca is outside with a huge smile and her red uniform still on.  Her dirty blond hair is down and she has her pink phone in one hand—I can see my name on the screen—a phone call as a second method of waking me up if the window didn’t work.

Shit, I totally didn’t set an alarm to be up by the time she got here.  Worse yet, I haven’t showered, cleaned my hair, and hell—I’m sitting here watching her wave at me with my boxers on.  How the hell I get a bottom floor apartment?  Fuck it, she already sees me in a mess, really no point in pretending to be gracious now.  I walk through my bedroom door and around the wall to the hall to snap open my front door.  She’s already there waiting for me.

“Awww, hello sleepy head—did I wake you?” I slant my eyes and swing the door all the way open, pointing with one hand into the house.  She stomps in like she owns the place, I could see she has a bag with her and clothes—looks like she’s planning on spending the night.

“How was work?” I ask trying to rub the sleep off my face.

“When I called to say I was covering your shift Maria told me to come in at four instead of two—thought it was because she didn’t want a newbie to the night shift taking the long shift.  Turns out she wanted me to close.  Was there wiping down tables till midnight.”  Ouch.

“You still have that 7am?”

“Sure do!”

“And you still came over here?”

“A promise is a promise! It’s okay, I brought my stuff—your house is way closer anyways, ten minute drive instead of the forty-five from mine—almost no point in going home.”  I hobble over to the kitchen to prepare something to drink as she meanders down the hall and into my room.  I hear her jump on the bed and close the fridge without taking anything.  “So monsters huh?”  I hear her voice echo into the hall.  Guess that is an ‘I don’t want anything thanks.’

“Uh, yeah—just one though and only a couple times.”  I stumble over to my room to see she’s already torn off all her clothes and is searching through her bag for something to sleep in.  And I feel myself going hard.  This isn’t the first time I’ve seen her naked, but it doesn’t happen often.  Matter of fact an occasion like this has only happened three other times in our past four years of acquaintance, but in all three occasions there was an obsessive amount of alcohol involved and awkward glances for weeks.  It’s like we had sex but didn’t quite want to talk about it—it’s not like we’re dating or anything.

So her coming over and stripping down to her birthday suit like this is unexpected in the least.  “You been drinking?” I ask—it’s the only explanation.

“No, why would you think that?” she says as she bends over teasing me with both her holes and picks out a white sleeping gown.

“Because…”  I know right now I’d be noticeable if she looks at me and quickly pop my cock up under the strap of my boxers using my shirt to cover the rest. 

She folds the gown she has in her hands in half a few times and tosses it on my nightstand.  “Look, I know you don’t get laid often, when’s the last time—when we got drunk after the Christmas party last year?”

“Yes, but…”  I’m surprised to say the least; never thought pleading insanity to a coworker would result in a lay.

“Well you’re a guy.  You’re what, twenty-one, twenty-two now?  Don’t have a girlfriend and your best friend is your hand.  So you start going crazy and who do you call—not friends, not family, you call me—the girl I know you’ve had a crush on for some time and one of the only ones you’ve ever had sex with.”  She moves around to the butt of the bed and kneels on its edge.  She does have a point.  I could have called anyone and I call her.