Chapter 8

Kimiko thought that by the time they began to walk things will get awkward between them. Good thing Atsumu is good at bringing up a conversation, telling stories of his friends back at Hyogo.

"Then Samu push me inside the shopping cart, then he push it, I slam into a pyramid stack of can goods, and got yelled at by the store's manager. Worst parts is Suna got all that in a video and show it to our captain, and got scolded by him too"

Atsumu grumble a small pout in his lips. Kimiko laugh at his story also at his cuteness.

"That's some experience hahaha"

"Don't laugh Kimiko-chan. It's the worst"

"Haha sorry but it is pretty funny"

".....Well I guess a little bit...."

Atsumu scratch his blossoming cheek as he gaze at his crush. He got to admit, seeing her laughing is such precious thing. Oh how he wish he can capture her laughter and seal it in a safe (Creep).

"How 'bout ya Kimiko-chan? Got any funny stories?"

"Hmmm...."

Kimiko cross her arms and close her eyes as she thinks about something.

Atsumu (being a creep again) gaze at her, the way her pulp lips would purse and when she scrunch her brows just made her look more cuter. He shove his hands on his pockets to contain himself.

"Ah! One time while visiting a relative, Nii-chan nearly explode their bathroom when he saw a spider inside!"

"...What?"

"Nii-chan used his salonpas spray because there's no bug repelant in the bathroom and the spider is blocking his way out. I heard his scream and went to the bathroom, once I open the door he is about to light the lighter in his hand, good thing I snatch it in time though, hahahahaha"

"That's something he definitely would do...."

Atsumu saw the way her eyes gleam in adoration when mentioning her brother, he always saw this whenever she's together with the older Sakusa. He wants those eyes to be like that too when talking to him also.

"Ya....ya really like yer brother huh?"

Kimiko stop her laugh and stare at Atsumu. She can see something in his eyes, envy?

"Well yeah. He's someone I look up to since we're young, well putting aside his phobia and negativeness, he's a good guy. He's always by my side"

She smile gently when she recall how her brother always protected her when they were young. She always in his shadows, she never done anything for herself with out hee brothe by her side, to scared of the world outside.

"Oh we are here"

Both stop their tracks as they arrive at a little cozy looking cafe. Both went inside and went to line in the counter.

"What do you want Atsumu-kun? My treat I did invite you"

"Now now Kimiko-chan what kind of gentleman would I be if I let a lady pay for me?"

Kimiko blankly stare at him.

"You're a gentleman?"

"What?"

"Well I always believe you have playboy nature to yourself"

"K-kimiko-chan, what do ya think of me?"

"Hm? Well at first glance I thought you're a playboy, am I wrong?"

The way that she can just bluntly say those words, stab Atsumu's heart.