Chapter 18

A girl with black curly hair woke up at the chilly air of the morning. After stretching her limbs, she walk towards her window. Opening the blinds, the morning sun rays greet her eyes.

"It's finally spring...."

The snow from their lawn below started to melt. Some flowers started to bloom slowly. The week of their training camp from Okunikko has ended yesterday, and at the same day they all have returned home. The day after tomorrow is the first day of Spring High. The team is given a two days rest.

After sending a good morning text to Atsumu, she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth, and do her daily skin care routine, that her brother instruct her to do so.

For the rest of the whole camp, Kimiko didn't missed a time to send her boyfriend a morning and good night text. Atsumu would text her back, but he have to climb a tree just to get a signal for his text to be send, Kimiko would recieve a good morning text in the afternoon. Being the understanding and level thinker that she is, she doesn't mind if the text is late. She knows Atsumu's situation, atleast the replies he sends her made her not to worry about anything. Every reply contains three to five paragraphs. It's more of any essay than a message, he even repeats some sentences a couple of times.

(Heh. Anybody here repeats some sentences a couple of times too, when writing a long ass essays? Or just me?)

Kimiko made her way down stairs, walking towards the kitchen, she saw a note stuck on the fridge.

Kiyoomi, Kimiko. Sorry, I got a call from work early in the morning. I think I'm also coming home late, do make yourself whatever you want for the entire day.

Ps. Kimiko, sweetie, don't let your big brother burn the house down. I locked the compartment of his cleaning supplies, the key is with me.

Love you lots~

-Mom

The girl put the note inside her pocket. If her brother saw the last one, he'll be all moody and grumpy all day. Tying her hair in a ponytail and and wrapping an apron around her, Kimiko start to make their breakfast. Opening the fridge, she scan for any available ingridients.

"Yeesh, we need to get some groceries later......"

Setting the last dish on the table, Kimiko marvel at her work. A stack of waffles, with fresh berries at the side, toast, scrambled eggs, and a healthy veggie salad. It may look too much, but her brother is an athlete, and he have a large appetite.

"He's still not awake yet?"

Kimiko wash her hands and untied the apron around her waist.

"Nii-chan! Breakfast is ready!"

She waited for a reply, but none is given.

'Should I use the cockroach excuse again?'

She head upstairs, towards the germaphobe's room. Raising a fist up, she knock on the door.

"Nii-chan?"

Leaning an ear at the door, she heard a thud inside. Panicking, Kimiko open the door, a frantic look on her face.

"Nii-chan, what happen-- whaaa?"

Inside, sprawled on the floor, the blanket tangled around his body, layed one of the top three aces of the country. The older Sakusa remain unmoving, the younger approach him, squatting down beside his body, then poke his side.

"Nii-chan are you dead?"

"Do I look dead to you?"

Sakusa's rough morning voice was muffled with the blanket covering his face.