Chapter 19

"Kimiko! Hurry up, I wanna go before they run out of stocks!....... and don't forget to put a scarf on! It's still cold outside!"

"Yesss!"

Wrapping a white scarf, her brother had gifted her on christmas, Kimiko check her appearance in the mirror. Oversized yellow sweater, with black leggings. Simple and cozy, just the way she likes it.

She grab her purse, and proceed to walk downstairs towards her impatient brother. She wear her shoes then followed her brother who is already outside, by the door. After locking the door, the siblings walk side by side towards the shopping district.

"What do you want for dinner?"

The older Sakusa shrug his shoulders.

"Anything as long there's umeboshi at the side"

"Oh, we're all out of that too. Let's buy some then"

She pulled her phone out and put umeboshi on the list, she tuck her phone back in her bag. They'll just decide when they get to the store.

When they arrive at the shopping district, the older brother feel suffocated. Why? Cause it's one of the thing he dislikes. Crowds.

He hunch his back, trying to look small behind his sister, while gripping Kimiko's shirt from the back. The little sister took the lead, looking left and right trying to move pass the crowd, already used by her brother's weird habit when in a crowded area.

(It's actually a habit of mine to do that kind of thing. When going out with my friends and when it's crowded I unconsciously grip their shirt or bag behind them. Not to metion, I'm a head taller to all of them, and while walking I always have my head down. Old habits die hard)

Some bystanders look at them in weirdly. A 180+cm man is trying to hide himself behind a 169cm girl, wearing a mask, and have a look in his eyes that could kill.

"Okay here we are"

The siblings enter the sliding doors of the stoor. Sakusa put two tissues at the handle of a shopping cart before taking a hold of it, then follow his sister. He's glad that there's not much people inside.

"How about soba?"

Kimiko look through the different kinds of noodles.

"Nah. I only eat my noddles freshly made"

"Unagi?"

"They sold out"

Indeed. They walk in the fish section and there's a sign of sold out in bold red place in the ice.

"Himono?"

"Too salty for my taste"

"Omurice?"

"We had that last night"

"Ugh! Why are you so picky? You said anything earlier!"

Kimiko pout at him. The older squint his eyes down at her, he was about to retort but notice the stares that been sends their way. Not liking the attention, he sigh.

"Fine, cook whatever you want, I'll eat it. Now quiet down, you're gathering unwanted attention"

Kimiko's eyes sparkle in joy. The older couldn't help but smile a little behind his mask. Kimiko pull the cart towards the poultry section. She then took a whole chicken and put it in the cart, moving on to the seasoning aisle, Kimiko scan the shelves for spices.

She took a bottle of vinigar, soy sauce, and a pack of bay leaf. She remeber that they still have garlic back at home so she won't be buying one, along with salt and pepper.