ONE

BELLAS POV

"Morning sleeping beauty," I heard a knock and much familiar voice coming from my door, I groaned and fluttered my eyes open seeing my older brother, Diego, leaning against the door, he held a coffee mug as he took a sip, "C'mon, wake up, first day back to school." He sent me a small smile before closing the door.

I sighed and grabbed my phone, looking at the time;

7:05 AM

I then noticed a few text messages from my long term best-friend, Jackie.

siss want me to pick u up orrr

BELLLA WAKEEEE UPPOO UGH

ok guess im not picking u up

I playfully rolled my eyes and tapped away on my phone, texting her back;

just woke up

diego is driving

Within seconds, I got a text back;

ew

I lightly laughed to myself, Diego and Jackie don't really get along, since their exes. Their relationship was quite complicated, it was an on and off kind of thing and it was mostly during summer, they broke up because my dear brother cheated on her, although he was drunk.

I quickly stood up and let my phone to charge before heading to the bathroom to get ready for my first back at school.

"Honey, aren't you gonna eat that?" I looked away from my phone and at my Aunt, Maria. Yes, I do live with my aunt that is quite unfortunate. It wasn't because it sucked living with her, because it doesn't really, she's quite to be fun around with but, my parents had passed away a few years ago.

"Uhm, no, I'm not hungry." I sent her a small smile. She cocked an eyebrow up and put the apple away, back in the fridge.

"Where's Diego?" Maria asked me, I shrugged my shoulders and sat down at the bar stood, looking at the clock seeing it was half past seven, we were almost running late.

"Ready Bella?" I turned to look at Diego, who stood there with a smile. Why was he so happy to go back to school? It was probably just so he could see Jackie.

I sighed and I felt Maria pull me into a hug before placing a kiss on my forehead, "Have fun kiddos." I playfully rolled my eyes and pulled away, as I watched Aunt ruffle Diego's hair, earning a glare from him.

Yup, don't mess with his hair or else you won't have a happy response. We were out the house within seconds, "Seatbelt." Diego warned me, before driving the way to school, I leaned my head against the window, I so wasn't ready to go back. Ugh.

Within ten minutes, we had arrived and Diego managed to find a good parking spot. It was quite hard to, people can be crazy when it comes to parking lots. I was about to open the door when I felt an hand on my arm, I turned knowing it was Diego.

"Uh sorry," he pulled away his hand, I cocked an eyebrow, I knew where this was going, he was going to give me the typical over protective brother talk, "Listen, if anyone bothers you, annoys you, even touches a single strand of hair on you, you know where to find me." He told me, with a serious expression.

"I know Diego, don't worry." I softly told him. He sent me a small smile, as we both got out the car. I instantly noticed Jackie waiting by the door, a few people were staring at us, well not exactly me, but my older brother. He was quite the popular kid, I mean, quarterback of our schools football team.

"He keeps on staring at me, Bella." Jackie told me, I rolled my eyes. I instantly knew she was talking about Diego. He's not really over her yet, even though he's the reason they split.

"Ignore him." I replied, as we continued walking to our newly assigned lockers. It was a thing, every year, they'd change up our locker numbers. It was quite stupid.

"I'm trying to." Jackie muttered, opening her lock, I did the same and began placing my books inside, and preparing for my first class, I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled out my schedule that I had printed out, "Hm, english?" Jackie asked me, I looked up seeing her peeking onto my schedule.

I sighed heavily and nodded my head, "Yup, you with me?" I asked her, she winked at me and nodded her head. I replied with a smile, this wasn't going to be so bad after all. The bell rang, and Jackie and I were quick to get out the books we needed. It was just a newly empty notebook and an old english textbook from last year.

We headed our way to Mr. Brown's class, The hallway was quite crowded. Everyone was either heading to class or finding a way to ditch. It's how it works here.

"I'm so not ready." Jackie muttered, I mumbled a 'same' as we made our way inside the class. My usual seat was in the back so I made my way there, Jackie sat down next to me and I noticed an empty seat beside me. It was usually Marco Diaz's spot, AKA my brother's best-friend. He was an ass, hopefully this year he changed, or hopefully he'd been kicked out. I could not stand that man.

"Welcome back to school kiddos," Mr brown welcomed us, A few groans were heard from around the class, Mr. Brown had noticed and covered it up with a smile as he closed the door, chatters were still heard outside, meaning people were still getting to class, "I hope everyone had a great su-" He was then cut off by a knock on the door.

Heads were quick to turn into that direction, after Mr. Brown called them to come in, I prayed it wasn't asshole Marco and my prayer was a success once I noticed it wasn't.

—————-

Guys guys guyssss

You don't know how excited I am for this book! I had been plotting this idea for quite a while but didn't know who to write about, so you guys voted for Kairi :)

I promise, and this time I'm keeping that promise that I'll be daily updating each and every one of my books! I owe it you guys, really.

Thank you all so much for the love and support :( I don't deserve this :(