ELEVEN

KAIRI'S POV

"Look who finally decided to show up." Her voice was heard from beside me as I sat down. I chuckled lightly and shuffled with my books before opening the book to the page assigned.

"Yeah. I was running late." I told her, I looked at her to see a surprised look on her face. I think this is the most she'd ever hear a proper sentence coming out from me.

"You're also talking to me?" She creased her eyebrows, tucking a strand of her beautiful long hair behind her ear. I'm not going to lie. She is beautiful.

"Yeah. Why so surprised?" I fiddled with the corner of the page as my eyes met hers, a small smile on my face. I really hated pretending to form a friendship with her; god, if only she knew why I am the way I am right now.

"I don't know. You usually just flip your shit." She shrugged, a giggle coming out from her. She also had a cute laugh. This was going to be hard. I prayed she wouldn't find out.

"I'm in a good mood today." I answered, grabbing a pencil and twirling it with my hand. I was actually in the worst fucking mood ever. The reason I was running late was because I had some errands to do with Julian; regarding my mother.

"Well I hope you're in a good mood everyday." She told me, before the teacher spoke up and ordered us to do our work.

For the next of the time, it was silent between us; as the teacher had ordered every one of us to read a page out loud and my social anxiety got the best of me once it was my turn.

I was currently sat at the library, flipping through a random book, pretending to read it as I waited for Bella to arrive like she usually does.

I find it interesting to know that she's somehow interested in me, to the point she had followed me to my own home. It was creepy but I must admit; I liked it in a way.

She wanted to get to know me better but all I do is push her away. I just couldn't help it. I can't deal with people or life in general. Nobody would wish to be where I am right now, I absolutely hated everything that was going on in my life.

"Hey, mind if I sit?" The familiar angelic voice was heard, I looked up seeing Bella with a small smile. She looked cute today, she wore her usual ripped jeans with a crop top and a black cardigan covering up, and to finish off, with a pair of black vans, matching mine.

"Go ahead." I nodded my head, closing the book and putting it away. I adjusted myself and sat up straight before leaning forward and crossing my arms on the wooden table as I looked into her eyes.

"Something is definitely up. You're never this nice." She chuckled, crossing her legs. That kind of hurted but I was used to it; back in boarding school i was always labeled the 'mean' guy and nobody would dare to test me, hence why I barely have any friends.

"I'm a changed man." I shrugged and kind of lied. I'm still the same asshole since the first day of school, and well, since forever.

"Is that so? Was it the dinner?" She wiggled her eyebrows, "Did I impress you?" I didn't know weather she was playing around or being serious, but I definitely liked this side of her.

"Maybe," I chuckled, running a hand through my hair, I so badly wanna cut off my hair and just go bald, but I'm not sure if my mom or Julian would be too happy about that, "Where's your friend? Do you usually ditch her for me?" I smirked at her, tapping my fingers against the table.

"You wish I did. She's hanging with my brother, aka her ex and now boyfriend," She rolled her eyes, I widened my eyes, "Yeah I know, ridiculous isn't it?" She told me, sighing heavily.

Diego was dating Jackie again? I had to tell my brother. I knew Diego from my brother, and I knew every little secret that Diego and Jackie had shared, I don't think Bella knows but ever since the both of them broke up, Julian had told me that it's been real quiet.

"Jackie seems too good for him." I scoffed, but covered it up with a fake laugh once she had given me a weird look, but then she smiled again. God, even her smile is beautiful.

"You didn't lie, my brother is an asshole," she chuckled lightly, "But as long as their happy, it doesn't matter really." She shrugged, grabbing the boom that I was 'reading', "This is a different book? What happened to the other one?" She asked as she observed it.

"Forgot it back at home," I lied, it was actually in my backpack but I had finished it already so there was no point of reading it, "Hey. I got a question." I told her, for some reason, my stomach began to twirl.

"What's up?" She asked, looking up and passing the book towards me, I gulped and grabbed it before putting it to the side. I've never in my life had asked a girl this question, I mean I usually reject whenever they'd come up to me but this time, I was the one asking.

"Would you be down to hang out? For dinner? We could order takeout or maybe we can just-"

"Yes. I'd love to." She told me, fiddling with her fingers, I noticed her cheeks were formed into a deep color of red, I couldn't help but smirk.

"Great. Pass by my apartment and we could take it from there." I grinned at her, and just as the bell rang. This was going to be interesting but I also felt bad that I was using her and she had no clue about it.

Who knows though? I might actually be interested in being her friend, or perhaps more.

———

I wanna apologize for the lack of updates :(

I'll be back on here tho! Promise!