NINE

BELLAS POV

It was currently the next day. I hardly slept, probably only four hours maximum. I've been too busy thinking about last night. So many unanswered questions were running through my mind.

Diego hasn't been home since yesterday. I assume he passed out at his friends or, he had passed out at Jackie's. I strongly believe it's the second one. I just don't get why he keeps doing this, it's like he's finding reasons for me to get more and more mad at him.

Kai gave me a reason for me to hate my brother; he's a liar, a douche bag of a liar. Why would he lie to me about something so small? Honestly, I felt like Marco had changed him. Even though they had known each-other for quite some time, and they consider each-other brothers, I believe that he had changed my brother for the worst.

I've never really liked Marco, I always see him as the bad guy and I still do. Mom and Dad never liked him too, well, my father strongly disliked him and my mother treats him like a second son. Diego was a mommas boy, it was annoying. Although, I was a daddy's girl. I sound like a spoil brat, let me stop.

I sighed heavily as I looked at the time, it was almost twelve. My morning wasn't so great, I woke up to Aunt Maria gone, she was probably out with one of her ten boyfriends, and then I had a cold shower, apparently we have no hot water which was weird, and then I burnt my waffles so that's great.

I'm currently bored as hell, laying in bed and staring at the ceiling thinking about life, and I'm not going to lie, I've been thinking a lot of Kai. There's something about him that makes me want to peek more into his mysterious life.

I grabbed my phone that was charging on the nightstand, quickly scrolling through my list of contacts; it wasn't long. Again, I'm anti-social as fuck so I don't really have much friends therefore I had no choice but to call Jackie, I'm not going to apologize, we always have our ups and downs and end up normal the day after like nothing had happened.

Hitting on her contact, I pressed the call button and let out a sigh, within a few rings, I had noticed that she had picked up, "Hellooo." She happily greeted me. She was surprisingly happy which was weird, I mean not really but like, it was probably my brother.

"Jackie, hey," I greeted her, a soft tone, I really didn't know why exactly I called, well I did want to hang out, a few seconds of silence I was hearing a familiar voice in the background, it belonged to my brother, "Is Diego with you?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Uh, yeah he is," she replied, I then heard a 'who is that' coming from him, I rolled my eyes, I did not want to talk to him, "Why?" She went on to ask me, giggling. Jesus, not that I don't like seeing people happy, but it get's annoying. I sound like a bad person but trust me, you'll get it soon.

"So he really is a professional liar, tell him to come home as soon as possible." I told her, before hanging up. Not only did he lie about what had happened between him and Julian, but also the fact that he lied to Aunt Maria telling her that he was at his friends. Although, I shouldn't have told Jackie that he was a liar, she's probably quite curious on what I'm on about now.

Three exact hours, I've been doing nothing but watch Netflix shows as I patiently waited for Diego to come back so I could have a little chat with him. The doorbell suddenly rang; speak of the devil. It was most likely him. I stood up and closed my laptop, walking out my room and down the stairs, I made my way towards the front door and opened it, Diego stood there.

His hair was a mess. They probably did the nasty, that's for sure. Diego never misses to fix up his hair, even when he wakes up, the first part of his morning routine is to style his hair to perfection, "Look whose here." I rolled my eyes and opened the door wider for him to come in.

"What's that professional liar about?" Diego instantly asked. I closed the door and made my way towards the couch, sitting on it before pointing to the other couch for him to sit on. He gave me a confused look before sitting down on the couch.

"You've got some explaining to do," I told him, narrowing my eyes at him, he cocked an eyebrow up, he knew he got caught, but again, he did not know that I knew Kairi personally, I wasn't even close with Julian to know Kai, "You're a liar, a big fat one." I went on to tell him.

"Bella, what are you on about?" He asked me, rubbing his face before sighing heavily, he really thought I was dumb, he knows to never lie to me, but yet, he still continues to do it. He knew exactly what I was on about.

"You know what I'm on about, Diego," I sent him a glare, I really wasn't looking to start an argument once again but if it was necessary then I will, I do not want him to lie to me ever again, "The Julian thing, what was the real reason?" I asked him, cocking an eyebrow.

His expressions changed, "Now who told you?" Diego asked, his attention fully on me as he leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees, "Listen, I don't think I should tell you Bella, it's-" I didn't wanna hear his bullshit of an excuse. I was tired of him constantly lying to me.

"I don't care Diego! I want to know the fucking truth!" I raised my voice, he raised both his eyebrows and looked at me with a not so happy expression. Yes, he might be older than me but it does not mean I didn't have the right to yell at him and let him constantly treat me like a child.

"Don't yell at me," he sent me a glare, before running a hand through his messy hair, he then stood up, "You wanna know why?" He then asked me, I gulped and nodded my head, he then clicked his tongue before sighing, "He's a theft, Bella, their whole family is," He paused, clenching his jaw, "All those years of our so called friendship, was because he wanted money." And then, he walked away, and upstairs to his bedroom.

Theft? Julian was stealing money from us to help his family? Why wouldn't he get a job? Is that why they lived in such trashy apartment? Is Kai a theft too? I mean, theft is a big deal and it is a crime but why would Julian do such thing to my brother? After all these years of friendship? It didn't make sense. Questions began running through my mind, and again, I needed answers.

———-

Well....we got a theft here

Hope y'all enjoyed :)