TWELVE

KAIRI'S POV:

I was currently waiting outside. It was beginning to slowly rain and my hood was up as usual. I liked the rain, it puts me in a good mood.

I leaned against the wall and ran a hand through my wet hair, as I tucked my now cold hands into the pockets of my hoodie.

Looking ahead, I noticed a familiar figure jogging towards me. Bella. A small smile appeared on my face and I leaned off the wall, walking towards her.

"You shouldn't have walked." I told her. Her hair was dripping wet and she was shivering. I sighed heavily and took off my hoodie before handing it towards her.

"Thank you." She shyly told me, a blush appearing on her face as she quickly put on my hoodie. Now I was freezing cold. It didn't matter though, like I said, I didn't mind the rain.

"Don't worry bout it," I shrugged, "Let's head inside." I told her, even though I didn't want her seeing my shitty apartment. It was embarrassing, and I also didn't want he seeing my family.

Thankfully though, my mom was on a date with the landlord, and Julian was out doing god knows what, she nodded her head and followed me inside, "This isn't so bad after all." She told me, looking around and humming to herself.

"Oh trust me. It is," I chuckled, jogging up the stairs and glancing over my shoulder, seeing she was following behind. Once we reached my floor, I walked towards the front door and cursed to myself. I wasn't ready at all to show her what my life is, "Welcome home." I sighed heavily opening the door for her.

"It's decent," She replied, her eyes roaming around, I looked down pushing the bottle of empty beer away from her feet and I heard her lightly laugh, "It's clean, but quite small, and cozy." She complimented.

"Yeah. It sure is cozy but it isn't comfortable," I told her, chuckling, before opening the door to my very small bedroom, "Don't mind the mess. I didn't really expect it to rain." I told her, before quickly hiding my journal.

"I really can't believe I'm at your place." She chuckled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear before taking a seat on my messy bed. God, I really wished I knew it would rain so I could've cleaned up the horrible mess in my room.

"You're surprised, aren't you?" I smirked, running a hand through my hair as I took a seat at my desk chair. I crossed my arms against my chest, as my eyes met hers.

"Very," she nodded her head, clicking her tongue, "I didn't ever expect us to be friends." She went on to tell me. God, I really didn't wanna do this to her. This feels so wrong but at the end of the day, I am helping my family and if stealing whatever money she has on her right now is the job, then I'll do it.

"Me either," I chuckled, glancing down at my shoes before looking back at her, "Diego doesn't mind that you're here, right?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow. The last thing I wanted that fucker to do is pull her out of here, I was enjoying her company.

"He doesn't know," she sighed heavily, parting her lips as if she was about to say something but then instantly stopped, I gave her a look as to go on, "I'm sorry by the way." She apologized. My eyebrows creased in confusion but then I realized what she was sorry about.

"I don't really care." I lied. I did care, I just was kind of sick of people, her, constantly apologizing and feeling bad for me. Yes, I so badly want to beat the shit out of her brother and his friend for hurting my own, but I couldn't really do anything about it.

"My brother isn't like that. Yes, he does have quite the anger issues but trust me, he's better than that," She told me, walking over to me and sitting beside me, "I could talk to him-"

"Will you shut up?" I spat out, standing up and glaring at her. I was sick and tired, again, of her feeling bad for me. I don't want people feeling bad for me, I could care fucking less.

"I'm sorry," She mumbled, before standing up, "I should go." She told me. My heart started to rapidly beat and I glanced out the window, seeing the rain had stopped, and she could in fact walk home.

I gulped and didn't say anything, as I watched her walk pass by. I had to do something, now. I glanced at the back pocket, and noticed her wallet peaking out, taking a deep breath, "I'll walk you out." I told her, mentally face palming myself, I shouldn't have told her that. It was like i was kicking her out and was glad that she was leaving.

I heard her scoff and open the front door, when she did, I took the chance to sneakily grab her wallet before quickly tucking it into the pocket of my hoodie, she stopped in her tracks and turned around, "I uhm-"

"Have a good rest of the day." I told her, sending her a small smile. She sighed heavily, and I noticed her eyes becoming glossy. God, I really hope she wouldn't break down. I impatiently waited for her to get the hell out. Once she did, I closed the door and pulled out the wallet.

This should definitely do for now, all I had to do now was inform Julian and come up with a plan. She'll notice her wallet gone either-way. I had to cover it up.

——-
Well.....interesting....

Sneaky Kairi in the house 🤔

Y'all think Bella's going to find out?