👽 Gordon Freeman and the reader 👽

UHG! HES SO FIT EYE-
(Barney's on the right btw, Gordon on the left..pgoyfldkyffskssk)

This one's kinda short but :P

This takes place just after gordon takes out the strides in episode 2, but Alyx also exists. Just imagine they had a little celebrattion at the end of the day and Y/N and Gorbo Freeman started "talking".

//

Gordon sat silently, like he always did, on the coutch as we watched late night shows on a half broken television. The pair of us had slumped into the coutch with drinks in our hand; gordon had an empty beer bottle, me a half drunk glass of lemonade. We both stared at the screen with heavy eyes as the entirety of the base was silent and dark.

The seconds clicking away...

I yawned, my jaw unhinging, feeling tired suddenly. He looked over at me with big eyes, his eyebrows raising. "You okay?" He signed, proving his beer bottle on the coffee table beforehand.

I looked over at him, "yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired..."

"Wanna go to bed? It is pretty late." He spoke silently, really moving his hand, putting the emphasis in 'is'.

"You sure?" I whispered loudly.

"Yeah, let's go." He got up out of his seat in one swift movement as he moved his hands, propping he feet firmly on the ground and pushing off. He stood for a second before marching his back and placing his hands on his hips, hearing his back crack a few times. He then turned to me and extended one of his hands.

"Uhhh... wait a sec." I said quickly as with one quick movement brought the cup to my lips beginning to chug the fizzy liquid. Gordon just stood there, his gaze slightly hazy as he watched and waited for me to finish my drink.

I put the glass down upon the small wooden table and took Gordon's hand, the prickly feeling of the lemonade still lingering on my tongue. I took his hand and hoisted myself up.

"Uhhh, thanks." I said as I stretched, feeling all my muscles work again...

I sighed as I regained my posture.

I walked to the door frame, Gordon followed suit.

The base was silent, the white forest base wasn't really home-worthy but it was the safest place for now.

My footsteps where quiet but still seemed to slightly echo around the base. My eyes felt heavy, my limbs felt heavy. My walking slowed gradually but we reached the bunker's quarters.

"I suppose you're with Alyx?" I whispered, trying to keep my eyes open.

He nodded, a shy smile on his face, and pointed towards Eli / Alyx's room further down the right side of the hallway.

"Alright I'll see ya tomorrow then" I said quietly, waving him goodbye before he walked down the hallway.

I watched him walk down the hall, listening to the tapping of his shoes. I smiled slightly.

I opened the door and saw my small bed, it was stiff but i could sleep in it. The walls had a small photo of an old friend, who I assume didn't survive the Combine's attack on earth. The photo was damaged and slightly dirty but it was stuck onto the wall to remind myself of the life I once had...

I sighed and took off my shoes and shut the door, making sure to lock it. I took off my trousers and put some shorts on.

I climbed into bed and snuggled into the soft cover.

Recalling the bitter memories of my past only recollected the time i just spent with gordon. Its reminded me that the people that survive now are going to help each other because we need each other, and I think Mr Freeman is going to help with that.

 Its reminded me that the people that survive now are going to help each other because we need each other, and I think Mr Freeman is going to help with that

//

I love this man so much I can't-