II: Father

⚠️ TW: Abuse ⚠️

Y/N was simply glad. Relieved.

She didn't go to school with a new bruise anywhere on her body. She slept better, better than most days, actually.

But she couldn't get ahead of herself. He was still there. He could still do whatever he pleased. He could still do the unimaginable.

Just the thought of him sent a strong shiver down her spine. It definitely didn't put Y/N at ease. Furrowing her eyebrows, she walks slower as she makes her way to school. Looking across the street, she could already see that tall buff man walking at the same pace as her. Y/N looks down, taking her attention away from him.

As they both got to school, she observes the squawking crowd of females swarm the male as soon as he stepped foot on campus.
"Jojo!"
"Good morning, Jojooo!"
"Jojo, sit next to me in class today!"

How annoying.

The guy must've thought the same. He lowers the tip of his hat, mumbling something under his breath. Soon enough, Y/N didn't realize she was following the crowd from a distance.

Of course, it wouldn't matter to her or anybody anyway. She didn't make a good or bad reputation of herself at all. In fact, she had almost no reputation. Fiddling with the straps of her backpack, she could feel a strong piercing gaze stab her right in her face.

'Jojo' guy was looking. Straight at her. Snapping back into reality, she slowly panics, stopping her tracks to let the crowd stray further from her. Soon enough, their eye contact tore apart. Y/N stood there in awkwardness. Why did he look at her like that? Grumbling, she scratches her head softly, heading into the building.

School was over.

She couldn't help but continue to think of those mesmerizing eyes. Throughout the day, she soon caught herself looking at the male and him looking back. No, she didn't have any feelings. But why couldn't she peel her eyes off of him? Shaking her head softly yet aggressively, Y/N violently shoves her hands in her pockets, taking the same route as always.

Of course, like any other day, 'Jojo' man was across the street. Y/N sighs, fiddling with her hands stuck in her pockets. Slowly, she moves her eyes to look at the male. She wasn't ready for a reaction, but he immediately jerks his head over to look at her. Hyperventilating, she looks away, maybe making it too obvious.

Maybe it was the only time she wanted to actually rush home. Unconsciously picking up her pace, Y/N tries her best not to look at him. Even though she could feel his strong gaze on her. It sent weird shivers down her spine, odd enough.

As she entered the gates of hell, Y/N looks back one more time to see weird hat man still looking at her. Opening the door, she slams the door to cut off the eye contact. Sighing in relief, she was greeted with fury.

"What the fuck did I say about slamming the door?!"

She gasps, jerking her head to the raspy voice.

There stood her father, infuriated. Her eyes widened, pushing herself back onto the door.

It was probably karma. But what for? The groggy voiced man approaches her slowly, plastering a maniac smile on his face. "If you're gonna be in my house, you're gonna have to respect me."
"I-I'm sorry!"

If she was being honest, Y/N couldn't tell if she was really sorry or not. Putting out a hand as a shield, she could feel her entire body shake in fear, or some unknown feeling. Her hair was harshly tugged on, dragging her to the floor. Y/N felt a kick to the stomach. But she couldn't see any more. Her eyes were closed shut. Hearing those heavy footsteps fade, she hoped it would be over. But she hears the footsteps come right back. Opening an eye, he sees her father with a beaten up bat.

She pleaded in horror.

He swung, he swung hard. "You fucking disgrace! Maybe my wife would have still been here if it weren't for you! It's all your fault! I hate you!" He kept swinging on the side of her stomach. Y/N could feel the tears of pain well up in her eyes, yet she was completely silent.

She had enough.

hmm yk i was gonna edit the cover to look like an actual cover of a book hmmm should i?
someone pls respond so i don't embarrass myself