XVIII: Jealousy

Okay. You know the drill. Play at the cue because my writing is not stable without music
————————————————————
Luckily, Y/N and Jotaro had managed to get to school in time. As per usual, the swarm of fan girls. Yet no trace of the rest of the group was to be found. Confused, Y/N observes everyone within her eyesight.

"That's weird. How come they aren't waiting for us? We're not late."

Jotaro doesn't respond. As the crowd grew closer the two had unconsciously scooted closer to one another. Latching on to Jotaro's arm, she could feel him tense, watching him lower his cap from her peripheral vision.

"S-Sorry. I don't like crowds."
"Well, why didn't you say anything?"
"I thought you would have known!"

Before she knew it, Jotaro dashed out of the crowd, his hand tightly entwined with hers. She could feel her heart beat increase. Not because of the fact that she was running- She did it so often her body had gotten used to running every day in the morning. Her face slowly grew warmer. As much as she wanted to deny, she couldn't help but feel merry.

As they continued to run, a few sharp pairs of eyes caught Y/N's eyes, much sharper than Jotaro's. They glared at her, mumbling to one another. It had almost caught her off guard, almost stopping her feet to think. Y/N didn't have time to do so, as she continued to run.

The two made it into the class, seeing a few students and Joestar-san. The rest of the crusaders no where to be found. Joestar smiles at them, heartily yet almost slyly. Jotaro and Y/N immediately caught on, letting their hands free from each other's grip.

"Have you seen Avdol and the rest of them?"
"The principal called them in. I think it was because Polnareff climbed up to the roof after school."
"You say that so casually."
"What? I can't pretend to be surprised,"

Y/N sighed, flopping down on her chair. She looked out the window, feeling the ray of sun warm her skin.

"That's Polnareff for you."

As Joestar-san finished his sentence, the bell rang just in time. Students filled the classroom, all taking their seats. Suddenly, that same few glares caught Y/N's attention again.

It was odd to notice how Y/N never payed attention to it until now. Looking away from the heavy gazes, she thought about it as she stared through the window.

The bell rang, and the students quickly left the classroom. Y/N packed up her stuff, getting ready for lunch. Surprisingly, Kakyoin pops his head through the door, smiling almost guiltily.

"Oi, Jojo?"
"Hm."
"The principal wants to see you."

Jotaro curses under his breath, looking almost upset. He turns his head to Y/N.

"Go to lunch without me. I'll be there in a few."
"Alright, I guess. Have fun with the principal."
"Oh, for fucks sakes."

Kakyoin watched as the taller male walked pass him, heading to the office. Adverting his attention back to Y/N, he smiles lightly.

"Let's walk together. I proved myself innocent to the principal."

Y/N smiles in return, cocking her head, as she caught up to Kakyoin, walking to the courtyard.

"Did Polnareff do something worse or..?"
"Well. I mean he did 'accidentally' pour a bucket of paint off the roof. Turns out it got onto a teacher. He blamed it on Jotaro and said that he told him to do it. And... That's how we're all here."