XVI: Thunder

Staring emotionlessly at the clouded sky, rain heavily falling and hitting the ground, Y/N shifted her position, sitting out on the deck. Holly had given her an extra pair of pajamas to sleep in, as well as house slippers. Inhaling it's comforting scent, she felt it's silk fabric run across her skin as she adjusted her position.

Thunder had rarely struck, but when it did, Y/N had tried her best not to react. Although she found it comforting in a sense, she still had gotten scared. Hearing soft footsteps approach her slowly, she could see Jotaro from the corner of her eye. Not bothering to turn her head, she simply adjusted her gaze back to the cloudy sky, watching as night grew.

Slowly getting lost in thought, she could hear Jotaro's low voice intrude.

"What's so interesting about staring at rain?"

Y/N couldn't help but chuckle at his curiosity. For a quiet man like him, she was surprised he hadn't known why people like Y/N enjoyed simple things like this.

"Well.. It makes me feel comfortable. I can properly sort my thoughts."
"..."

He stays silent, squinting harder before leaning on to one of the pillars.

"I don't get it."
"That's because you have to let go of whatever you're thinking of. That way you can understand."

Watching as Jotaro visibly lost tension, he sighed in relief before stifling a smile.

"For a guy like you I'm surprised you've never had a safe space like this."
"...I suppose I've never gotten the chance to do so."

Y/N couldn't imagine what it was like suppressing stress like Jotaro does.

"Is it not... Tiring?"
"Apparently not, since I'm just noticing."

Y/N hesitated, before smiling softly.

"But it feels relaxing, doesn't it?"
"I guess."

As night overwhelmed the light in the clouds, Y/N excused herself.

Walking to the bathroom, she observed her face carefully. There was definitely a change from when she lived with her mother's husband. Looking a lot more healthier and lively, she forced a smile, cringing not long after. As she finished brushing her teeth, she was surprised to hear the rain growing heavier by the minute.

As she entered Jotaro's room, she noticed that he was out of his school uniform. He wore a plain white tank top with loose grey pants.

Feeling her face growing redder by the second, Y/N aggressively turns her head somewhere else, desperately trying to forget what she felt. Watching as Jotaro turned around to his closer, he grabbed out a spare futon with reasonably comfortable looking white blanket.

As he fixed up the futon for her, he crawled up in his and faced the other way. Y/N lied down, immediately melting in the futon, surprised at how comfortable it was. Although Y/N had slept in a bed all her life, where she lied currently was much more comfortable.

She turned over to look at Jotaro, sighing hopelessly before looking up at the ceiling, listening to the faint padders. Just as she was about to fall asleep, a loud thunder boomed suddenly. Yelping quietly, yet loud enough for Jotaro to hear, she hid under the blankets, gripping tightly on to her pillow.

————————————————————

The thundering became more frequent, putting Y/N in misery as she curled into a ball, gripping her legs tighter as she held her breath. As Y/N thought about it, she recognized the similarity between thunder and her mother's husband. Perhaps that was why she didn't like the noise. Her train of thoughts were interrupted with another loud sound, making Y/N flinch in fear and surprise.

Through the sound of rain, she could hear a soft rustling sound come from Jotaro's side. Not long after, the rustling stopped, filling Y/N with curiosity.

Peeking through the blanket, she saw Jotaro's futon right to hers. Flinching at the sight of his cold eyes staring calmly right back at her, she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What are you doing?"

He doesn't answer, before laying back down. Y/N continued to hide under the safety of her blankets, checking the time on her phone as it blinded her with bright light.

It was still only midnight, not much time had passed. Groaning softly, she flips on to the other side, gazing at Jotaro secretively.

The male looked utterly ethereal as he rested his eyes. Everything from his fair complexion, defined features and simply a comforting vibe made Y/N's cheeks heat up. She hadn't realized how long she had been admiring the boy.

Just as she thought the thunder was over, a loud noise filled her ears, sending her into a slight panic state. Shivering in fear, she heard that sweet warm voice comfort her, before saying,

"You should lift those blankets off your face."

Slowly doing as instructed, Jotaro's orbs had caught her attention. They looked so pretty as moonlight escaped through the small window. A large pair of arms sliding around her waist had caught her off guard, taking her gaze away from his now shut eyes.

Just as more thunder boomed in the air, she felt herself get closer to Jotaro's warm body. His hand rubbed her back gently in attempt to comfort Y/N. In a dazed state of mind, she listened to his breath rise and fall, soon aligning with hers. She hadn't realized her hands soon slipped around his torso as well, pulling him in tighter as more thunder boomed. Drifting off to sleep, she heard Jotaro murmur something under his breath. Alas, she was too tired to bother to comprehend what he said.

Odd enough, she wished she could stay like this forever.

yoyoyoyoyooo im back after a literal hiatus
not so sure what to say for an authors not but i hope you all are doing well