VIII: Speedwagon

As she made her way to the front door with her new companion, she hesitated for a moment.

Why did Y/N feel so doubtful of this plan? She knew for a fact he would allow her in. Maybe it was all in her head.

Taking a large exhale, she stomped her way to the door, knocking loudly with a decrescendo. Stepping back, she waited for the door to open. As Y/N waited, she looked back down at the small cat by her side. Y/N had many questions. The door slowly opened, revealing a man with calming, thick bright blonde hair.

"..Y/N..?"

She slowly looked up at the man, smiling lightly.

"Hey.."

Y/N slowly grew flustered as she felt his eyes staring down at her. Breaking the eye contact within seconds, she let out a soft cough.

"It's been so long! You-You grew so much! You're beautiful!"
"Y-Yeah.."
She brought herself to look up at the man, her smile a bit brighter than before.
"It seems like you haven't really changed since the last time I saw you."

He chuckles, raising his bushy eyebrows. As he opens the door wider, The man steps to the side, allowing her to walk in.

"What are you doing out in the rain by yourself? Where are your parents?"

Suddenly she could feel a large lump grow in her throat. As much as she wanted to tell him there was this other side of her that refused to talk about it. But as she thought about it logically, Y/N grew the courage to explain.

"Y/N?-"
"Ah- Well uh... I got kicked out.. And mom isn't.. Here anymore."

Y/N could feel the atmosphere grow a bit darker. Sighing, she glances at the small critter, patiently sitting at the door step, gazing at her lazily. Speedwagon had seemed to acknowledged the creatures presence as well.

"W-Well, who's this?"
"I met him on the side walk."
"He certainly looks handsome."

The male crouched down, letting the cat get familiar with his scent, before gently picking him up.

"You guys are both drenched. I'll go get you some spare clothes and you can wash up in the bathroom?"
"Sure.. Thank you.. I didn't expect you to allow me in."
"Ah! Don't worry about it! If you need anything feel free to ask me!"

Y/N hesitated, before gripping the straps of her backpack tighter. It was almost as if she finally felt at home.
"Yeah. I'll be washing up now."

As she turned to walk to the restroom, she heard the man call her name softly.

"Y/N?"
"Yes?"
"..I'm sorry for your loss."

Y/N turned around, giving the man a reassurance smile.

"Thank you, Speedwagon."

short chapter though!!! sorry