06

"taking my breath,

"taking my breath,

a souvenir that you can keep."

souvenir x. selena gomez

--

The next day, Lily was still confused by the way Elijah had treated her the night before. She honestly didn't know what to think of it, and she wanted to confront him, but never knew where to find him.

After all, Elijah wasn't the easiest person to track down.

Lily didn't know how Elena and the others would react if they knew how Elijah was treating her. Damon had already accused her of being a traitor, and she didn't want Elena to think that her own sister wasn't on her side.

Lily also needed to figure out how she felt towards Elijah. She knew that there was something there, and she hoped it was felt on both ends, but she was too afraid to do anything about it. Elijah made her heart stop every time he merely looked at her. She knew how screwed she was.

So, Lily kept what happened with Elijah to herself, deciding no one else needed to know. It was probably best that way, and Lily figured she was overthinking it anyways. Elijah probably didn't even mean anything by it.

Lily decided to meet with Alaric and Damon for lunch at the grill, and to her surprise, Andie was sitting with them when she walked in. Lily immediately walked over to their table, sitting down next to Alaric in the booth as she smiled slightly at all of them.

They were talking about Elijah, which didn't surprise her, since he seemed to be the main topic of every discussion lately.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked, looking at Alaric as he sipped his drink, not even bothering to acknowledge Lily's existence. Damon was still slightly aggravated with what happened the day before between Elijah and Lily. He knew there was something she wasn't telling them.

"Wait, you were with Elijah?" Lily asked, looking at Alaric with her eyebrows furrowed as he nodded slightly. Damon immediately averted his attention to Lily, noticing how quickly she had asked Alaric about Elijah.

"Why do you care what Elijah is up to?" Damon asked as he bore his eyes into Lily's, cutting Alaric off from responding.

"Just wondering, settle down." Lily replied, causing Alaric to glance between the two of them with a confused look on his face. Alaric had no idea why they were being so cold to each other, but he figured Damon must've done something to piss Lily off.

"He was with Jenna for their project, so I decided to join." Alaric explained to Lily, before turning to Damon. "And, no, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he is charming." Alaric continued, a tight-lipped smile on his face.