29

--

When Elijah and Lily got to the dance, they were overwhelmed by the amount of teenagers crowded in the gym.

"Dance with me." Lily stated, turning to face Elijah with her hand held out.

Elijah took her hand immediately, allowing her to lead him out to the dance floor. Lily wrapped her arms around his neck, glancing around for anyone she recognized. Elijah wrapped his arms around her waist, swaying slightly as a slow song played.

"Aren't Klaus and Rebekah supposed to be here?" Lily asked, looking up at Elijah, who met her gaze.

"Klaus hadn't left yet when I came to pick you up, but I haven't seen Rebekah since earlier." Elijah replied, thinking back to the conversation they had with Rebekah. She had been acting strange, but he hadn't thought much of it.

"Apparently, Alaric has really gone off the rails. I'm worried about him." Lily stated, sighing softly as she thought about Alaric and his alter-ego. She knew he would be fine, but there was a small feeling of concern bubbling in her stomach.

"I'm sure he will be just fine." Elijah comforted her, his hands rubbing along her sides gently. Lily smiled softly up at him, nodding slightly.

"You really know how to make a girl swoon, huh?" Lily teased, grinning as his lips curled up slightly.

"Only for you." Elijah replied, dipping her slightly before pulling her back up towards his chest. Lily giggled at this, causing Elijah's heart to flutter at the sound.

They danced for a few minutes, only to be interrupted by Damon.

"We need to talk." He narrowed his eyes slightly, looking up at Lily, who nodded slightly.

"Okay, but Elijah's coming, too." Lily stated, grabbing Elijah's hand and following Damon out into the hall, where Elena and Stefan were waiting. "What's going on?" Lily asked, standing next to Elena, with Elijah beside her.

"Alaric. He's still acting out from his ring." Damon explained, crossing his arms as he faced the group.

"If he's sick, we need to find a cure." Elena replied, causing Lily to nod her head in agreement.

"We tried medicine, we tried magic." Damon cut in, shaking his head slightly.

"Why don't we get him off vervain? Compel him." Stefan suggested, causing Damon to furrow his eyebrows.

"To do what? Pretend to be Alaric? The guy that we know is gone. We're talking about someone who not only hates vampires, but vampire sympathizers, which makes one of his obvious targets you two." Damon explained, looking at Elena and Lily, who glanced at each other.

"He wouldn't go after us." Lily stated, shaking her head slightly. Alaric cared about him, no matter what his alter-ego wanted him to do.

"What are you suggesting we do?" Elena asked, looking up at Damon with her arms crossed.

"I'm suggesting that we put him out of his misery." Damon replied, causing both Elena and Lily to widen their eyes.

"You're joking." Lily scoffed slightly, her eyes narrowing at Damon.

"No way in hell." Jeremy spoke up, walking up behind them. He had clearly heard what Damon had said.

"Come on, it's what he would've wanted." Damon countered, looking at the youngest Gilbert now.

"Are you out of your mind?" Jeremy asked, glaring at Damon, who only glared back.

"Jeremy.." Elena trailed off, turning to face her brother, who only held his hand up. He turned around, starting to walk away.