19

--

Later that evening, Damon and Stefan showed up for dinner.

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived." Elijah said as he opened the door, stepping aside to let them in.

Once they walked in, Damon looked directly at Lily, raising an eyebrow as she stood by the staircase.

"Lily? What the hell are you doing here?" Damon sneered, and Lily walked over to him, glaring up at him.

"When were you going to tell me you undaggered Elijah?" Lily retorted, causing Damon to clench his jaw slightly. He was about to respond, but Klaus interrupted them.

"Damon, Stefan!" Klaus called out, causing all of them to turn towards where he was standing in the dining room. "Elijah tells me you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men." He stated, smiling at them as they all walked into the dining room.

"It's better to indulge him." Elijah spoke up, looking at Damon and Stefan before heading over to where Klaus stood.

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus." Stefan stated, leaving Damon's side to walk over to the Original. "In fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But, I was told I had to, 'cause you would hear us out." Stefan explained, as Klaus' smirk widened.

"Well, we can sit and eat, or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides." Klaus replied, sitting down in his chair. "Choice is yours."

Stefan finally agreed, sitting down hesitantly next to Damon, who was next to Klaus. Lily was forced to sit between Elijah and Stefan, not that she minded, because at least she wasn't next to Klaus.

Klaus had compelled a few girls to pour our drinks and serve our food that evening, and Lily rolled her eyes in disgust as Damon thanked her for pouring him a glass of wine.

"Seriously, Klaus? Was this necessary?" Lily asked, glaring at him as he smirked slightly.

"Watch your tongue, love." Klaus warned, shaking his head slightly at Lily as she rolled her eyes. "Stefan, you lost your appetite." Klaus stated, glancing over at Stefan, who hadn't taken a bite of his food yet.

"Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home." Damon turned to his brother, raising an eyebrow as he spoke.

"That's the spirit." Klaus commented as Stefan picked up his fork. "Isn't this nice? The five of us dining together, such a treat." He continued, taking a bite of his food. "Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger out of my brother?" Klaus asked Damon, and Lily raised her eyebrows, leaning back in her chair as she waited for his response.

"Well, I knew how he felt about you. And Lily was getting quite fed up with it." Damon shrugged slightly, and Lily sent him a warning look. "You know, she asked me to compel her to forget a little while ago." He smirked slightly at Lily, and she glared at him from across the table.

"Damon, stop." Lily warned, ignoring the look Elijah was sending her way as she narrowed her eyes at Damon. This only made Elijah feel worse, knowing that the pain she felt was so awful she wanted to forget about him entirely.

"Oh, well, this is surprising." Klaus replied, raising his eyebrows as he looked over at Lily. "Well, Elijah and I have had our differences, but we always make it through." He shrugged, smiling over at Damon, who was looking at Elijah. Lily knew Elijah was still staring at her, but she couldn't bring herself to meet his eyes, so she just looked down at her plate instead.