11

--

Elijah and Lily talked for a little while, getting to know a bit more about each other. Lily was surprised at how sweet he was being towards her, but Elijah had just wanted to make up for lost time.

Lily noticed that he didn't like talking much about his family, so she tried to avoid asking him questions about them.

But, he told her about Katherine, and Lily realized just how much he used to care about her. He explained that this was why he had issues trusting people, and he didn't want to make that same mistake again.

Elena came not too long after, bursting through the door and turning to look at them, an exhausted look on her face.

"Is Jenna okay?" Lily immediately stood up, looking at Elena worriedly.

"She's fine." Elena replied, walking over to Lily and sighing out softly. "But.. She knows. About everything." Elena explained, causing Lily's heart to drop in her chest.

"What? What do you mean? How..?"Lily asked, shaking her head quickly as she looked at her younger sister for answers.

"Klaus." Elena replied, glancing over Lily's shoulder at Elijah, who had stood from the sofa, noticing how upset Lily was. "She's upset, but I managed to calm her down a little bit." Elena added, rubbing her arm slightly as Lily shook her head in disbelief. Lily didn't want Jenna involved with this.

"Tell me, Elijah. What is Klaus' curse?" Elena asked, removing her eyes from Lily's and looking at Elijah as she took her coat off, wanting answers to the question she had been wondering all morning.

"Please, sit." Elijah motioned towards the couch, causing Elena and Lily both to sit down. Lily didn't even care about the curse anymore, she just wanted to know how Jenna was feeling. She could only imagine how overwhelmed she was.

Elijah proceeded to tell them all about the curse, and why Klaus was so desperate to break it. Apparently, Klaus had a different father than his siblings. His father was a werewolf, which meant Klaus was also a werewolf.

The reason he wanted to break the curse was to "awaken" the werewolf side of him. Hybrids were incredibly powerful, and Klaus wanted to become that powerful. He wanted to sire his own bloodline and build his own race, which would endanger everyone, not just vampires.

Elijah explained that a witch would have to kill Klaus, and she would have to channel enough power to do so. He claimed Klaus would be at his weakest during the transition, and that's when Bonnie could strike.

Elijah also revealed that he had a way to save the life of the doppelgänger, but couldn't use it on Katherine because she turned before he could try.

This conversation led them to the Salvatore house, so Elena could explain everything to Stefan and Damon.

When they got there, though, Damon and Stefan were in the middle of an argument.

"Stop!" Elena yelled, causing them to immediately cease their actions. Lily stood beside Elijah, watching as the two brothers turned to face them.

"Now you've invited him in?" Damon asked, glancing over at Elijah with a scowl on his face.

"We have renewed the terms of our deal." Elena explained, looking at the two brothers who still stood in the same position.

"Really?" Damon asked sarcastically, still glaring at Elijah.

"The two of you will come to no harm at my hands." Elijah cut in, looking directly at Stefan and Damon. He then walked towards them, shrugging slightly. "I only ask for one thing in return." Elijah continued, causing Damon to cross his arms.