18

--

It took a couple of days to digest everything that had happened at the dance and the aftermath of it all.

After deciding to intervene with their plan, Stefan stole Klaus' coffins and was hiding them from him. Lily's mind immediately went to Elijah when she found this out, considering he was inside one of those coffins, but she pushed that thought to the side immediately.

Turns out, Stefan was hiding them in a spot Klaus would never be able to find them, even if he tried. Bonnie had used her magic to hide them from the eye, down in the basement of an old house.

Klaus wasn't happy about all of this, of course, and started making threats as usual. One of his ways of doing this was to go after Jeremy, to which Lily almost killed him over. He wasn't the easiest to find when he didn't want to be found, though.

Elena, Alaric and Lily all agreed it would be best to keep Jeremy out of this for now.

They had Damon compel him to go to Colorado to stay with some of their family friends. It was incredibly hard to watch him go, but Lily knew it was for the best. He didn't deserve to be wrapped up in this when he never wanted to be in the first place. He would be happier as far away as possible from Mystic Falls.

Stefan was so intent on getting his revenge on Klaus, that he went so far as to almost killing Elena by driving his car off the same bridge their parents died on.

Lily didn't think he would actually do it; none of us did. But he got so close that even Klaus had to cave and agree to send his hybrids away.

Not to mention, Elena, Bonnie and Stefan were forced to go find Bonnie's mom to ask for her help. She wasn't much help, though, and Lily felt bad that Bonnie had to confront her mom like that.

This led to Damon giving Klaus all of the coffins, except for the one he was most interested in, which they had no idea what it contained.

The day after Klaus was given the coffins back, Lily received a call from a random number.

"Hello?" Lily answered, walking downstairs to see if Alaric was home.

"Ah, Lily. Good to hear your voice." Klaus' voice startled her, and she swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat.

"What do you want, Klaus?" Lily asked, stopping at the bottom of the stairs to listen to what he had to say.

"I just thought you would come over and we could have a little... chat." Klaus stated, and Lily rolled her eyes, sighing out in annoyance.

"I'm not doing any dirty work for you, Klaus. Might want to ask someone else." Lily retorted, about to walk in the kitchen before Klaus spoke again.

"I'd suggest you make your way over to my residence before I grab your little guardian, Alaric, is it? And rip his heart out of his body." Klaus threatened, causing Lily to inhale sharply. She knew he was bluffing, but she couldn't risk it, not after what happened to Jeremy.

"Fine." Lily replied shortly, hanging up as she ran out the door, wondering what Klaus could want from her.

--

Lily walked up to the large house after she got out of her car, chewing on her lower lip nervously. Lily knew he wasn't going to kill her, as he would've done that already. She just didn't understand what he wanted from her.

Lily creaked open the door, stepping inside as she looked around the home.

"Alright, Klaus, I know you are here. What do you want?" Lily called out, and immediately he vamped in front of her, standing at the bottom of the stairs.