Chapter 13

A.N.~  Ok, so this is a long one...like insanely long... Oopsies (O_o) 

Also consider this a trigger warning for abuse, so if you don't like that then skipperoony.

Ok carry on >>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shouting. There had been shouting. Who was it. Someone she knew, but couldn't remember. It was like a dream, she could see pieces of things but from so far. She tried to call out but her voice drifted, carried away by some wind.

"Hold on Cass. Hold on."  A familiar voice drifted across the dark void.

Suddenly a bright beam shot out.  It was close, and she didn't want to be alone.  Reaching out her fingers brushed the beam of light making it split into a cascade of sharp pins.  Several pierced her eyes making her slam them shut.  The reddish hue of morning light danced across her eyelids.

"Good morning, Cassiopeia."

Blinking, Cass rubbed her eyes.

"Morning Eskel," she yawned. Even after such a long sleep Cass still felt drained.

Opening her eyes more she saw she was sitting comfortably in a large plaid quilt.  Fluffy pillows strewn everywhere. Her cat Cherry was curled up on the foot of the bed. Giving the cream tabby a soothing pat Cass stretched.

"Who?" The tall man in the doorway arched his brow suspiciously.  A frown taking over his chiseled features, jaw clenching.  A slight flush highlighted his pointed ears.  "I better be your only man."

"Oh, for sure Vance you know you are.  It was just... he was just...you know, I don't know."   Wait when did Vance have pointed ears? Blinking Cass examined his less than happy face, and the ears were normal.  It must have been a trick of the light.  

Cass scratched her head.  The more she tried to think about things the less she seemed to remember, slowly the ears and the dream slipped away. "You know don't worry about it,  I think it was just a dream."

His curly blond hair bounced as he nodded along, clearly agreeing but not totally convinced.  A jealous expression still played across his features. 

 "Vance you know you're my only one, so there's no need to get mad."  Cass smiled up at him, he was her one and only after all.

"Of course," he smirked, smoothing the front of his fine navy suit, "a dream."  

He walked over and leaning across the duvet, gave her a rough kiss before walking back towards the standing mirror to readjust a flyaway hair.

"Now, get up Cass, you have a busy day today.  I've left your usual chores on your cell which need to get done before I'm home for dinner.  Remember you have to pay the rent by tomorrow, and just make sure the shopping is done before that- what was it again- oh yes, audition.  Just don't be all sad if you don't get the part.  Its a big part, and you're just a small musician, m'kay." 

Turning with a wink, he strutted out of the room shutting down any more conversation.  

Facepalming hard Cass swore under her breath.  How could she have forgotten. Her audition.

"Thanks fro reminding me Vance," she called after him. "But I have to talk to you about that weird dream.  It felt off.  I still have this lingering feeling." 

"Not now," he replied coolly from the other room, keys to his Mercedes jangling as if to accent the metallic sound. "I have to get going before the merger meeting starts.  Chores on phone!  Do them this time.  I expect no more repeats like last week, see you tonight.  Oh, and I'd love to see you in something sexy, little toy."