Chapter 16

A.N.~ Hi, so I'm tired, and this was a long chapter in the making. (Sorry about that) I'm back to full time work so I my be slow on updating but I'll aim to keep it consistent.

Thanks for reading. <3

will publish the edited version later (spelling and grammer) but here it is for now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aaaaaachooo!" Sniffing slightly, the red headed sorceress dabbed at her nose with a silken handkerchief. "Honestly you two I'm fine."

"I thought sorceresses don't get sick?" Eskel questioned as he finished honing his sword.

"We don't," Triss clipped, "but I've just moved three people across the continent.  It took a lot out of me, I just need to rest a bit and we can continue on Ciri's trail."  This was again punctuated with a sneeze. "She's *sniff* somewhere nearby, I'm just not sure if it's Vizima proper or somewhere in the surrounding area."

"Triss you've brought us this far, it's only fair we stop and let you rest up." Cass tried to sooth as she passed the grumbling sorceress a cup of hot lemon tea.  "A couple more days wont hurt."

She was glad that they had made it to Vizima before Triss got any worse. They had made several teleporting jumps through swamps and villages to reduce magical tracking but it had taken its toll on Triss. The sorceress was out of commission for only a day or so, at least that's what Triss kept insisting. Now they were tucked away in one of Triss' houses, deep in Vizima's merchant district.

"Look," Triss said sitting up more in her overly plump bed, "if you insist we stay a bit then why don't you two head out into the town. Vizima is a big city with lots of problems. I'm sure there are plenty of contracts for monsters and Ciri will be close. If anyone can get you to Avellac'h it's Ciri."

"Well... if you insist that you'll be okay here." Cass gazed around the large spacious room. Although filled with many magical talismans and exotic plants that were bizarre, it did seem like Triss would be fine here.

"I insist." Rolling her eyes, Triss waved the two out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The streets of Vizima were bustling, with dozens of people going about their daily routines. Shouting and bargaining were common place. Children darted between gossiping mothers at the central well. Noble women strolled along with their maidservants, perusing the many impressive dresses and fine silks. City guards were patrolling along the side roads, and one group was breaking apart a small argument over prices of meat.  A group of wandering performers begun another rowdy song involving a barmaid's naughty thighs making Cass snicker along with the gathered crowd.

Fish mongers cried out their prices trying to outdo the others. A series of caged fowl were squawking noisily as traders bartered the proper prices. Colorful spice stalls lined the road and their exotic scents made Cass think back to the food festivals in her home town. She half-swore that she could smell cardamon and cinnamon among the piles. This market was really something. The clack of wagon wheels and horses added still to the cacophony that was the merchant district.

It was alive in all senses of the word.

Eskel towered above many of the common folk, and they gave a wider berth when they noticed the duel swords strapped to his back. Although he didn't seem perturbed Cass couldn't help but lightly squeeze his hand. His eyes widened in surprise before glancing away. A light flush ran across his scars briefly before he cleared his throat.