Pick up your rag, 'cause your brains are about to end up on the walls

You ready? Y-You ready? Ready? READY? READY-

Foxy is good

*dramatic music*

Okay, here is my explanation:

Foxy will only come out and attack if you don't check on him. Why? Because if you don't, he gets afraid one of the other animatronics got you. So, he runs to your office to check on you. When he steps in, his voice box glitches, causing Mike to have a heart attack and die. 

But, why is he so concerned? Why would he come running in to check on you?

Don't bother with the rag. You'll need a mop for this one. 

Well, FNAF 2 is a prequel. Watch the video in the media for more evidence AND a cool theory. In this game, though, Foxy is bad. He is purposly trying to attack you. BUT, he's an older animatronic no longer used, so he's in the back.

Everyone knows the theory about Foxy causing the Bite of '87, right? 

Well, Foxy came out of storage [Some kind of programming glitch, I assume] and caused the Bite. But, if we're assuming the spirits of the dead children possessed the four original animatronics, he still kind of... thinks. Has a mind.

Since the dead children were children, they were pretty innocent still. So, Foxy must've felt bad about what he did.

Which is why in the first game, he comes to check on you.

Anyone? Huh? Huh?