Part 1

No one's POV

It was a normal morning at the Blood Mountain pack

It was a normal morning at the Blood Mountain pack. The trees were swaying as the breeze brushed against them, not a sound to be heard other than the chirping of the birds. Y/N was crouched down low to the ground in her wolf form behind a thick tree watching, stalking and slowly approaching her prey. Her ears were pricked up, listening to any movements nearby. She's not alone. The large elk was a few meters away from her when she decided she waited long enough. She was going for the kill. Just as she was about to attack the unsuspecting elk, a twig snapped behind her alerting him. His head shot up and looked in the direction of the noise to find a small brown pup growling playfully at him. The elk quickly made a run for it. Without turning around Y/N mindlinked the pup behind her. 

- Go behind the tree and close your eyes- Y/N said through the mindlink already knowing who disturbed her hunt. The younger quickly followed her Alphas order (a further indication that her suspicions on who disturbed her hunt were correct) and hid behind the tree. 

Y/N ran full speed towards the elk, getting to it within a matter of seconds, tackling it down and ripping its windpipe out simultaneously. Her choice of killing wasn't exactly clean, to say the least, and she was covered in blood, but she didn't mind. Y/N tossed the dead body onto her back and walked back to where she left the pup. Once she got back to the large pine, she dropped the corpse onto the ground next to her menacing physique and walked around the tree to stand above the pup protectively. 

-Areum, what exactly are you doing this far out of the packhouse?- Y/N questioned a little sternly through the mindlink to show that she was slightly disappointed and upset in the younger's behaviour. 

- I'm sorry Unnie, but I love watching you hunt, helping you out and just being with you. You know that I get bored staying locked up in the packhouse.- Areum responded and ended with a pout, hanging her head low, still standing underneath Y/N and both still in their wolf forms. They stayed silent for a minute before Y/N walked back towards the corpse, flung it onto her back once again and started to walk back to her packs village. 

-Come on- Y/N said through the mindlink as she listened to Areum's footsteps lightly tapping on the soil, catching up to her. 

-You're not mad at me?- Areum questioned.

- No Areum, I'm not mad at you. You're the only person who I can't be mad at; although I am a little disappointed that you didn't tell me that you were going to follow me beforehand. You know that it is dangerous to go by yourself and also if you told me before then I could've prepared us a proper hunt and we could have gone for a walk or a run afterwards because I would have cleared my schedule.- Y/N said in her normal voice. Her normal voice didn't have any emotion in it but it wasn't cold or aggressive. She only ever uses her normal voice on Areum but everyone else needs to know that Y/N is not one to mess with so she is stern and cold towards the other pack members. Y/N has a soft spot for Areum and can see herself in the pup in many ways and that is how Areum gets away with a lot of things. 

-Noooooo. Please I want to go on a run with you.- Areum whined.

-Next time Areum, I have work to do today. We can go another day, okay?- Y/N ended and looked towards the sulking pup who had now sat down stubbornly. She walked towards Areum and placed her snout under the little one's chin, lifting her head ever so slightly so their eyes could meet. They stared deeply into each other's eyes. Y/N's eyes flickered red from time to time indicating that she didn't like the disrespect but she was being patient for Areum's sake. Areum let out a huff, stood up and started walking back, understanding that she needed to listen. To most, just seeing a glimpse of red from Y/N's eyes would make you freeze in fear but Areum wasn't afraid. Areum knew that Y/N would never hurt or punish her so she did push a few of Y/N's buttons from time to time but knew that she still had to listen since Y/N is still her alpha. If anyone else would have disrespected Y/N like that they would have been placed in the dungeons for a fortnight if they were lucky. 

As they came out of the hunting grounds into the village, Areum shifted back to her human form and bowed to the older wolves showing respect whereas Y/N stayed in her wold form her gaze switching from warm and content to cold and ruthless

As they came out of the hunting grounds into the village, Areum shifted back to her human form and bowed to the older wolves showing respect whereas Y/N stayed in her wold form her gaze switching from warm and content to cold and ruthless. Y/N kept her gaze in front of her not giving anyone a second look and she stood still waiting for Areum to finish her chat with the pack members. Everyone loved Areum so it took a while for her to finish her conversations with everyone but Y/N stood stiff watching Areum carefully and she growled possessively when anyone got too close to Areum for her liking. Everyone in the pack knew that Y/N thought of Areum as a little sister so they all backed off. Once Areum had finished chatting, she cautiously walked back to Y/N and placed her hand on the side of Y/N's massive wolf. Y/N slowly relaxed knowing that now Areum was safe with her and she could continue her journey to the packs' butcher. You may be thinking: Why doesn't anyone offer to help Y/N with the dead elk? Well, that is simple; Y/N loves to do things by herself. She needs to be able to prove to herself that she can do things. She didn't become an alpha just to slack off and let other people do things for her. No. She was and always is in control.