Chapter 36

Hermione awoke to screaming. She quickly got out of bed and walked to the balcony overlooking the grounds to see reporters, both muggle and magical, camped out in the front of Malfoy Manor. She ran inside and locked the doors and windows.

Draco walked into the room, seeing Hermione sitting on the bed, with her knees to her chest. He sat down next to her and picked up her fragile body, bringing her closer. "Are you ok Mi?"

She looked up at him with a scared look. "I knew it would be news to the world. I didn't expect them to show up like this. How did they find where we lived."

"It appears someone leaked our address. Let's not worry about them. Come eat some breakfast and clear your head."

Hermione nodded, holding Draco's hand. "I don't want to leave the house and deal with this right now. Can we just stay home today?"

"Of course my love." He said, walking out the door before turning around. "I do have something to talk to you about but we can discuss it later."

"Draco what is it?"

"Well mother is thinking of moving into a flat closer to central London. So, if you wanted, we could just stay at the Manor until further notice."

Hermione smiled, putting her hands on his chest. "Are you asking me to make Malfoy Manor our permanent home?"

"Yes, I suppose I am."

"Well I suppose I'm saying yes." she responded, giggling.

"Let's go eat in our kitchen. I'll make you anything you want."

"Hmm how about Eggs Benedict?"

"Ok so maybe Nelly will help me,"

"Draco you know how I feel about house elves," Hermione started. Draco put his finger on her lips.

"They're getting paid, they're freed, and they like to work." Draco said with a grin. Hermione launched herself into his arms, kissing him deeply. Draco pulled away and smirked.

"You freed them? When?" Hermione asked.

"The moment the war ended. Though I freed a few back in fifth year and began to pay them. But I couldn't free them all or else I would be in big trouble. Now seriously let's go, I'm starving," he replied, pulling her down the stairs.

They spent the rest of the day, after breakfast, lounging in the library, reading their favorite books. After eating dinner and having a nice bath, they got into bed, wrapped in each other's arms. "Draco?" Hermione asked softly.

"Mhm?"

"What are we going to do about the media? Everyone wants answers."

"Well we can pick one person to sit down with and explain everything. Then, the media will handle the rest."

"Muggle or Wizard?"

"Your choice"

"You may hate me for this one but how about Rita Skeeter? She's awful but if we don't give her the scoop she'll follow us everywhere," Hermione said, holding her hands above her head.

"She wouldn't be my first choice but sure. I'll set something up in the morning."

-
Two days later Hermione and Draco sat in the living room of Malfoy Manor waiting for Rita Skeeter to arrive. There was a knock on the door that echoed in the foyer, before Rita Skeeter walked in. "Oh hello you two. So glad to hear you wanted to talk to me." She said, sitting down across from them. "Miss Granger this is certainly not the first time I've written about you and boys. Glad to see you've possibly calmed."