√12 ~ UET

No Matter What Happens. Some Memories Can Never Be Replaced.

*****

Midnight traveling was silent so did the traffic.  Roads were lightened up with street light polls and vehicles were still moving. Traveling to Lahore from the wedding was silent and tired.

Her eyes were closed resting her head against the headrest of the car. At any wedding function here, she always enjoyed it a lot. But today she wasn't like before. Today she was quiet, melancholic, and somewhere afraid as well. The whole way to Lahore she was the only one who didn't utter a word. Zafar went to his sister's house. Then nothing matters to them but sleep. However, Lahore City never sleeps.

¤--------¤---------¤

February 27, 2019, Wednesday

The next day had arrived long ago at its usual time. Maleeha awakened them but they lay down again being lazy. Though the continuous vibration of the phone made Beenish get up malcontentedly.

She looked at the screen and saw twenty-fours from Komal and roha. She kept down the phone. Whenever they texted with a flow there must have been some important thing to tell but at the moment she wasn't in a mood to hear and do something.

Keeping the phone she got up they had taken her sleep away. She didn't lie down again at the thought of being captured by a chain of thoughts again. So she decided to get up. After getting freshened up she entered the kitchen where Ami and phopho were talking, seeing her they went quiet.

"Assalam o Alaikum!" She greeted them.

"Wa Alaikum Assalam. Haven't Nimra and saba got up yet?" Maleeha asked. "No." Saying she sat on the counter.

"So beenish how's your study going?" Phopho asked while making breakfast. "Going well."

"How was your tour?" Mother and daughter shared a silent glance at each other.  "It was good... Best." She replied with lowered head. Memories are so strange, they never be forgotten even after trying.

"I'll come awakening them ." Maleeha left from the kitchen. "How's Aina? Has she gone to university?" Beenish asked. "She is fine. Her mid-term has started that's why she is busy these days." Phopho replied with a smile.

"Which semester is going? What was the subject? I forgot."  "BBA third semester."  "Oh yeah."

"Beenish you have become so weak. Do take care of yourself." Phopho said.

"You are just being misunderstood. My mid-term just ended a few days ago. So being awake all night and also the effect of changing weather." She has learned to utter lies in just a few days.

"Yeah, that's right".

Sitting on the counter her eyes were focused on the floor. That, what I have to tell you phopho when a person becomes weak it dominates over herself. Everyone sees outer weakness. Why they don't see inner destruction.

¤--------¤----------¤

They were ready to bid bye to all. Meeting with phopho and uncle Burhan came to Hamad and they just shook their hand as they were not much friendly.

"Burhan must try to visit us on weekend." Phopho's sweet voice reached his ears.

"Phopho I hardly got the time due to word burden. Even barely visit home every weekend."  Burhan told his compulsion that wasn't a compulsion at all. But an excuse. All Thanked that Zafar wasn't there at that time as he had already gone out. Else he told them that he visits home every weekend.